Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Re: $60k in 60 days -- Days 32 & 33

I'll meet you at the tables, punk.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:47 PM

Default About Beating Terrible Players or Compulsives

[ QUOTE ]
It's so sad seeing someone bust at the table, sit idly for 10 minutes, return with something like $300 more, and repeat this process at least once a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids, it is only natural to feel some empathy for the people who are losing and down and out. It just shows you're a decent human being.

Here's the thing, though: if they are terrible losing players and/or compulsive gamblers, they are going to lose their money regardless. As a matter of fact, if they lose it faster and harder they might have a better chance of quitting than if they get a ton of play for it and the process drags out a long time. So by beating them in the game as hard as you can, you might actually be doing them the favor of encouraging them to quit sooner or permanently if they get disgusted enough with it. If their money lasts a long long time playing, they can end up slowly wasting their lives while losing. Not a pretty way to go and a very sad story. So do the losers a favor and beat them even harder in the game.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:51 PM

Hey gonores, that's surprising. He fails to do so when HU in regular short games.
-James
Old 06-15-2004, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The day would be perfect if only Minnesota wasn't actually the land of 10,000,000 mosquito breeding sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try living in Louisiana!
Old 06-15-2004, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The day would be perfect if only Minnesota wasn't actually the land of 10,000,000 mosquito breeding sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try living in Louisiana!

[/ QUOTE ]

Massachusetts is the worst. You look like you got in a knife fight after killing one that just bit you.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to what extent should I feel morally relinquished of responsibility in others' lives?

[/ QUOTE ]

None, they will lose their money anyways, it might as well be to you. If you are feeling bad, do something positive with the money you win, donate it.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's so sad seeing someone bust at the table, sit idly for 10 minutes, return with something like $300 more, and repeat this process at least once a week. Does anyone else picture this person sitting in front of his computer, frazzled and frustrated with his "bad luck," at first saying to himself, "alright, that was the last time ever," then fervently changing his mind and typing his credit card number in and snowballing losses that he will never be able to repay? It's a tough topic of poker with no easy answer

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i think that too sometimes - then i set about crushing that looser whilst hes down - sinking the boot is one of my favourite things

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-15-2004, 10:58 PM

Do you play at party poker ? What are the table limits do you play ?
Old 06-16-2004, 12:46 AM

Hey Schneids, first just want to say that I enjoy reading about your progress, especially since we no longer get any updates from davidross. Secondly, as many other posters have said, I would not worry about taking these supposed compulsive gamblers' money. For one, who really knows they're compulsive gamblers? Some are probably rich MF's that just like to play but aren't very good. And two, if you don't take their money, then somebody else deffinitely will. Might as well be you, right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Anyways, hope you continue to have great days like day 32. Gotta love those!