Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 08:59 AM

Default Allin late in tourny

I was playing in a home tourny last night, and I got it HU with the last remaining player. The blinds are 250/500, and are going up in 20 min's. I have about T6000, he has about T5000.

The opponent is solid, one of the best players in the crew. He's VERY aggressive.

PF: I post the BB, get dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB completed, I raise 500, get called.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB goes all-in.

My thoughts at this point: Top pair HU is a great hand. I have him covered, but just barely. If I lose, I am too crippled, a come back would be a miracle.. If I win, game over. He's REPRESENTING an ace, but could he have one? There's 2 unaccounted for, he probably doesn't. But IF he does, I'd have 7 outs to a 2 or a 3, so long as I can dodge his kicker... Still smells like he's trying to buy it to me..

What to do??
Old 06-13-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Allin late in tourny

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing in a home tourny last night, and I got it HU with the last remaining player. The blinds are 250/500, and are going up in 20 min's. I have about T6000, he has about T5000.

The opponent is solid, one of the best players in the crew. He's VERY aggressive.

PF: I post the BB, get dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB completed, I raise 500, get called.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB goes all-in.

My thoughts at this point: Top pair HU is a great hand. I have him covered, but just barely. If I lose, I am too crippled, a come back would be a miracle.. If I win, game over. He's REPRESENTING an ace, but could he have one? There's 2 unaccounted for, he probably doesn't. But IF he does, I'd have 7 outs to a 2 or a 3, so long as I can dodge his kicker... Still smells like he's trying to buy it to me..

What to do??

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. If you're outkicked, pray for a split pot.

eastbay
Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 AM

Default Results

I called, he flips A9o. Oh that sucks, I'm in big trouble. I'm outkicked, and with 2 lower cards on the board it's impossible for cards higher than 9 to fall and negate the kicker issue. I need to hit my kicker and dodge a 9, or a 3 for a straight... I am shooting at 7 outs.

Turn is crap,

River is 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], i hit my straight, take him out, and take 1st place..

Everyone is friendly, but the last 3 players in the tourny (everyone else went home already) unanimously agree that I made a bad call at the end. It came down to me not beleiving he had an ace, even though he went allin against a preflop raiser with an ace on the board.

I thought the call was good at the time, but now I'm not so sure. He coulda had K5s, 88, all kinds of stuff. He was buying pots all night..

It worked this time, but WAS it a good call?