Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Tunica - Gold Strike

Hi all,

I'm going to be in Tunica next weekend, staying at the Gold Strike. Can anyone enlighten me as to what games are spread and the typical fishiness of such games? I typically play 3/6-5/10 limit or 1/2-2/4 NL online.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Tunica - Gold Strike

I am not a very good player but I play tight and am working on aggression. I played one night at the Goldstrike, which I liked a lot, and won enough to cover all my expenses, gas, room, food, tournament buy in and returned home with $7 more in my pocket than I had when I left.

It was a weeknight, I was at the poker room by midnight, had to wait a little for a seat at $3-6, played til 3am, slept a little, back at 6:30 am, played until just before the tourney started, busted out of the tourney, then went home.

There were two types of players, drinkers and clueless. I being slightly less clueless and a non-drinker had an advantage.

I liked the goldstrike poker room and not just because I won. It was well run, everybody was nice, players and all. It is a nonsmoking poker room and they have free hotdogs and popcorn.

I am already planning my return trip to the Gold Strike.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:07 PM

`hey are you going to be there this coming weekend, or the weekend of the nineteenth? We are also going that weekend, and i wouldnt mind saying hey to a fellow 2+2'er IRL.

peace

john nickle
Old 06-14-2004, 09:10 AM

I'll be there the weekend of the 19th. One of my friends is getting married nearby, so we're staying in Tunica. We're arriving sometime in the middle of the afternoon on Friday, staying there Fri/Sat night. Not sure how much poker I'll be able to get in, but I'll likely be there on Friday night.