Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 04:18 AM

Default Please Help Me

I need Help [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I've just about decide to give up. I have been playing online for 10 months, and have greatly improved my game.

I read here daily. I've read all of the 2+2 Hold 'em books several times, and think I have a decent grasp on the game.

Now I admit that I have more to learn, and thats fine. But after 90,000 hands I'm in limbo. I dont lose (translates as I dont have to deposit), but I dont win (translate as withdraw) either.

I'm in a 3 or 4 month funk where I go up 70-100 BB's and then go down 70-100 BB's. This is basically a weekly process. I go down then I go back up. I'm wasting hours hours of my life for really nothing.

I read all the time about losing streaks, and how long they'll last. But I also read about winning more sessions than losing, and making some income off of this. But I don't understand how anyone could win playing the same cards as I have. The losing days each week are absolutely ridiculously unwinnable. check out this sample hand..I offer it only as an example of how the losing days go. This was probably the 20th time on this day that this kind of thing happened.

(I am not crying over this one hand, I just want to know how anyone wins when 1/2 the hands your in end like this)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="blue">
MP2 shows 7d Qd (two pair, queens and sevens).
Hero shows Td Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: MP2 wins 9 BB. </font>

This person bet into me with 2nd pair and then calls with 2 over cards all the way to the river with me blazing, and of course catches the miricle river. Is this hand special? No. of course not. Crap like this is normal. But this just one hand of 20 in one day. When you lose 20 suck outs like this where your betting and raising like you should and you get KILLED!

Now, if all of this was just happening lately, I would just chalk it up as a bad luck streak. But as I mentioned at the top of this email, this exact weekly roller coaster has been going on for months!

I really really dont see how anyone could be winning on the days where every other Big hand loses to the party suckouts. But maybe I'm missing something.

If anyone is willing to go through some hand histories to try to tell me where I'm going wrong, I would be extremly greatful. PM me if your willing.

Further background on my game. (From Poker Tracker since the beginning of April)

Hands = 25,395
Hours = 236
VP$IP = 16.60%
Saw Flop all 22.9%
AF = 0.80
SD/100 = 16.36 BB

thanks for any and all input.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Please Help Me

I raise preflop here roughly 100% of the time.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:25 AM

The single best thing you can do at this point is to post specific hands that you play. Post hands that are difficult for you. Post hands that seem SOP. Post 'em often. You have less than 100 posts right now. Try and get that number to 250 in the next 30 days.

If you've read and re-read the books like you say, you should have a good base knowledge of poker theory. Posting specific hands will give insight into how to apply that theory into real situations.

And posting hands is infinitely more useful in finding leaks than giving PokerTracker stats.

Good luck.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:33 AM

Well if thats what it takes, I'll do that.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:40 AM

Glad to hear it. Keep up the good work.

BTW, I'm glad you included a specific hand in your original post. You're on the right track.