Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 10:48 PM

Default Come July 6 and beyond, what will the \"fishiest\" Pokerstars game be?

(maybe it was just coincidence, but when Pokerstars ran their last signup special promotion, I found the games to be a LOT more beatable... so I got to thinking....)

When the WSOP airs on ESPN, there's going to be a lot of buzz about Pokerstars, being that so many players who qualified through Pokerstars players made it so far in the tourney. So much so that I predict a huge influx of new players on the site.

Assuming this speculation is true, what do people think will be the game with the highest percentage of new inexperienced players?

Pokerstars has so many options, it's tough to say.

micro blind NL games?
.05/.10 or .50/1 or 2/4 limit games?
the low-buyin multi-table tourneys?
one table or two table SNGs?
5/10 limit or higher?
Old 06-11-2004, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Come July 6 and beyond, what will the \"fishiest\" Pokerstars game be?

there was SOME uptick last year....but not nearly as pronounced as you might think.

additionally, it is doubtful that the announcers will make any specific reference to pokerstars....and it's possible (probable) that any of the p-stars apparel will be blurred out.

most of those who know that all these WSOP players came from Stars are those that already play on stars.

there will be SOME impact perhaps....but it will be minimal.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Come July 6 and beyond, what will the \"fishiest\" Pokerstars game be?

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming this speculation is true, what do people think will be the game with the highest percentage of new inexperienced players?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2004, 03:07 AM

I believe ESPN won't start airing the WSOP Championshiop $10k event until later this fall. Before that they will be airing episodes following many of Binion's smaller WSOP tournaments.