Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Whose SNGs are the MOST PROFITABLE?
Partypoker 7 26.92%
Ultimatebet 4 15.38%
Paradisepoker 7 26.92%
PokerStars 7 26.92%
Empirepoker 0 0%
Other site not listed 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: PARTY POKER ISN\'T RIGGED

Even your village idiot.

will you please do a follow up poll on the who is the village idiot at 2+2?

make sure to put yourself as the first selection and right after you post it please put one vote in for yourself.

consider this my proxy

thx for your cooperation.

Old 06-11-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Double Edged Sword

[ QUOTE ]
all of you "winners" are full of [censored](it seems like every 2+2'r is a consistent winner)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
thanks to the books i am reading, this web site, & table experience, i am becoming a winning player

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: You're full of shiit but thanks for the good advice [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Best way to make money. It could be true.

From reading the replies to this post, I feel you are all very ignorant. You do not seem to be able to comprehend the possibility of it being fixed.

Think about it. If Party Poker gives the better luck to the worse player, they will think "well I was up, I lost because of bad luck, but I was up loads, I will deposit more". On the other hand, the good player who got the bad beat will think "It was a bad beat, I can win if I deposit more, I hope I don't get any more bad beats for a while" .

This way, there is a constant flow of money through the company. Players keep depositing and generating rake for Party Poker. It is a great way to generate income. I have thought of this myself before as I often hear of terrible bad beats on internet poker (ridiculous odds beating 99% chance winners practically)

I ask you. If you were a dishonest, immoral person, would you rig it to generate more money for your company?
Old 06-11-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Best way to make money. It could be true.

[ QUOTE ]
I have thought of this myself before as I often hear of terrible bad beats on internet poker (ridiculous odds beating 99% chance winners practically)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, take a moment, sit down and think about what you are saying here. You say that that sometimes 99% chance winners lose. Please do this:

* Estimate how many poker hands are dealt every day on the Internet.
* Estimate how many of these contain situations like the one you describe.
* Now figure out how many hands like that where the big favourite loses would occur every month.

Now you should have figured out that there are a lot of people every month who have bad beats like that. So, is it strange that you will here a lot of stories about that?

[ QUOTE ]
From reading the replies to this post, I feel you are all very ignorant. You do not seem to be able to comprehend the possibility of it being fixed.

I ask you. If you were a dishonest, immoral person, would you rig it to generate more money for your company?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this has been said a lot of times before, but here it is: The companys could make more money by rigging the site. By keeping the bad players on the site for a longer time they would generate more rake. Is it likely that they do this? No, it isn't, 'cause the risk is whay too big. They are making lots and lots of money and they would not want to take a risk like that. If someone discovered their tricks the company would be dead.

From a business perspective it is just plain stupid to try something like that.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have thought of this myself before as I often hear of terrible bad beats on internet poker (ridiculous odds beating 99% chance winners practically)

[/ QUOTE ]

Party just started their bad-beat jackpots. Their requirements are:

Quad T's beaten. Both cards must play in both hands. This is much more restrictive than any B&M cardroom.

How often does Party expect the jackpot to be hit?

Every.
Single.
Day.

And you're concerned about some 99-1 shots getting there?
Old 06-11-2004, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Think about it. If Party Poker gives the better luck to the worse player.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st - How does PP 'give' away better luck? Please do tell, as I'm sure there are many here who could always use a little extra luck.
2nd - How does PP determine if someone is a 'worse' player? Maybe they are going to institute a entrance exam when you sign up.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, no matter how corrupt, dishonest, immoral, evil I was, I don't think I would be so greedy as to turn away the $900,000 - $1,000,000 (whatever it is that they make) a day that Party makes without 'rigging' the software.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:35 AM

It is truly amazing to hear about the "theories" of people who lose at online poker. But this is the craziest I've heard so far.

My favorite "conspiracy theories" involve cashing out. I've heard that when you cash out, PP begins to give you bad cards. Conversely, an idiot told me last week that when you cash out, PP software automatically "resets your card cycle", which means you will start being dealt prime hands again.

It is truly amazing the things that people conjure up instead of facing the truth that maybe (or probably) their own play is the problem.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Re: PARTY POKER ISN\'T RIGGED

I spoke with this computer science geek and he said that he has a large sample set and the cards he does get is truly random.