Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 05:58 PM

Default PLEASE Party !!!

Could you please stop posting those 3-table tournament plus multi table tournament winners every 30 seconds at the cash games.

Those constant tournament announcements makes it VERY hard chatting at the tables. Especially when playing multiple tables. Nobody really cares about those winners anyway.

Could you at least make it optional?

Sorry 2+2 if I complain here instead of sending them an email. But their support will not answer so what can I do?

I hope some of the people associated with Party at least read these boards.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Re: PLEASE Party !!!

agreed with this e-mail in its entirety.
except for that ludicrous bit about party actually reading these boards.

aside from the occasional post from mike o'malley i see no evidence to support that idea.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i see no evidence to support that idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. Last December I sent them an email (info@party . . .) about a guy that admitted to all-in abuse. I also posted about it here. Alerts@partypoker contacted me about the post.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:48 PM

My guees is that they are hammering the new format into everyones head until it takes off.I expect the congrats announcements will go away once it really gets rolling.For now,they want to remind us constantly how many folks are winning them.
Most forms of effective advertising are really annoying.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:38 PM

Maybe you are right tdp but I still don't get it (exept the "annoying" part).

Party makes more money from cash games compared to tournaments but still choke those tournament results down our throats X times an hour. Do they want us cash games players to play tournaments????. I DON'T THINK SO.

It sure is very annoying. Several players made derogatory comments about those XXX announcements per hour at the tables tonight.

Something is obviously wrong in the Party "advertising"" department. What do they want to accomplish with their announcements. I surely don't know. Could you please enlighten me Party.

Oh well. I hope you will think it over one more time and come to the right conclusion.

GET RID OF THE TOURNAMENT WINNER ANNOUNCEMENTS “20+” times an hour.

Many of the cash game players find the announcements VERY annoying.

It prevents chat at the tables (making the games more friendly). In addition I guess it makes less revenue for your company.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:02 PM

my hunch is that the announcements wasn't really a strategy of the marketing department.

they are listed as multi-table tournaments....and winners of multi-table tournaments are automatically announced.

it didn't occur to them that by including the new 3-table SNG's into the 'multi-table' category they would be flooding the tables with dumb messages.

it just is something that happened that they failed to predict and will take even longer to address.

i'm off of the jackpot tables for now and am back on empire.
of course, these messages don't appear at all on the empire tables so it's kind of nice.