Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 04:45 AM

Default PokerChix - a forum for women

Just wanted to make people on the forum aware of a women's only forum called PokerChix

It is a nice friendly forum for women in poker to exchange information and support each other. If you are female, or know someone who is and wants to join, check it out.

Shauna
Old 06-11-2004, 05:42 AM

Default Re: PokerChix - a forum for women

This could be a nice site, but only if we have some good solid players exchanging advice. I will keep an eye on it.

I went to the Strategy page. This is what I found:

It seems pretty easy but you need to remember one rule: you will lose more if you frequently call and raise bets; you will win not much money if you make the other players, who could anyway stay in the game, fold.

Never try to win the player who is much better than you. Even if you win you will hardly win much but you can lose badly.

Did you follow that?
Old 06-11-2004, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never try to win the player who is much better than you. Even if you win you will hardly win much but you can lose badly.

Did you follow that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like sound advice, think it got something to do with getting a boyfriend, you might win a little but loose a lot.
Definiately a club for me, I'll change into my silk underwear at once [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2004, 06:34 AM

I heard they will have a striptease contest
Old 06-11-2004, 12:12 PM

yeah, the quality of some of the posts isn't up to the exacting z00 standards. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

One reasone why I posted it; the site could use a few more experienced women writing on it. Feel free to contribute.

Shauna
Old 06-12-2004, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems pretty easy but you need to remember one rule: you will lose more if you frequently call and raise bets; you will win not much money if you make the other players, who could anyway stay in the game, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Student: "Teacher, can you define subtraction."

Teacher (Mae West): "Subtraction is when a man has $100 and when you leave him he has $2.

best wishes,
mason
Old 06-12-2004, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Teacher (Mae West): "Subtraction is when a man has $100 and when you leave him he has $2.

best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the kind of math I always try to use - at the poker table or outside. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Shauna
Old 06-12-2004, 10:28 AM

Why do woman need a forum of their own?
Old 06-12-2004, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do woman need a forum of their own?

[/ QUOTE ]

With pictures like these, I don't think it is just for women. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2004, 12:39 PM

Location: I like to tell others what is important in their world. I will bump a post if I deem it worthy

[ QUOTE ]

best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's Mae West?

Anyway, even if an all woman forum was a good idea, how does it work in practice? How do you make sure all the posters are women?

Why is it even necessary? Is there some poker information that a woman is unwilling to share in "mixed company?" There are only a few posters who have "identifications" that readily match up with their real person. In other words, we are anonymous.

Now that I think of it, the idea is stupid, and a cheap ploy to exploit women by appealing to their insecurities. I bet Chixpoker is owned by men, and run by men. I bet they are compiling a stalker list of all the women who sign up there. Be careful if they ever adopt a "verification" policy that requires you to send in pictures of yourself in a bathing suit or underwear.

I am very scared now, but I'm also intrigued. I might try to get in on this venture. As you know, i wasted allot of time with the mass mailing venture, and right now, Pyramid Poker is not doing so well.