Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 03:46 PM

Default GOD BLESS THE BAD BEAT TABLES...

As if party didn't already have a large percentage of people seeing each flop, at those tables, it's even higher. Lots of money to be had in them there tables!
Old 06-10-2004, 04:02 PM

Default Re: GOD BLESS THE BAD BEAT TABLES...

I didn't know PP had them. Where are they found?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:16 PM

they just got added in the latest update, their is a Bad Beat tab.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:25 PM

Is this where the table coaches will be calling home [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, why wouldn't they just make all the tables with the bad beat jackpot? I am not sure I see the logic.

TheRake
Old 06-10-2004, 04:27 PM

I can't get on right now. what's the drop for 5-T, for 3-6? Keep in mind that if it's a buck a hand, that that averages out to a dime a player per hand, and the average rake in 3-6 is already a dime and in 5-T is .13. So this is like doubling the rake. Ten bucks per 100 hands. Is the play that much juicier?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Table selection. The uninformed masses will most definately opt for the tables with the jackpot. Only good players care about what is being raked. Maybe I am off in my thinking.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:39 PM

I'm not sure how you mean to answer my question, but what I meant to ask about the "drop" was how much money they take for the jackpot at each limit. On balance, even if it loosens up play or pools the worse players, I would be surprized if those effects overcome the increased rake. Therefore I am against having the jackpot.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:45 PM

From the web site

http://www.partypoker.com/news/badbeat.html

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing can be bigger or better than winning a jackpot! And it becomes double the fun and rewards when you can hit the big jackpot at PartyPoker.com.

We are launching our Beta Testing of Bad Beat Jackpot tables and to thank you for helping to test these jackpots PartyPoker.com is seeding the jackpot at $5,000! The Bad Beat Jackpot tables are available under the Bad Beat Jackpot Tab in the lobby. Each time the jackpot is hit the house will reset the Jackpot value back to $5000. Please send in your comments and suggestions to info@partypoker.com.

To Qualify for the Bad Beat Jackpot
Bad beats will be paid out on real money Hold'Em games (Limits $2/$4 and $3/$6); available under the Bad Beat Jackpot Tab only.
4 or more players must be dealt into the hand.
Players sitting out do not qualify for the jackpot.
The losing hand must contain four 10’s or better to qualify.
Both hole cards must be used in the winner and the loser's hand and the hand must go to a showdown.
The hand must be raked and jackpot contribution collected from the hand to qualify for a bad beat jackpot. (No jackpot contribution will be collected during the Beta Testing period).
If there are two or more hands that qualify for the jackpot within one hand #, then the two highest hands will be considered for the jackpot, with the highest hand being the winning hand (the winner) and the second highest hand winning the bad beat (the loser of the hand).
In the event that two qualifying Jackpot hands are hit at exactly the same time, the hand starting first (based on our system clock) will be awarded the jackpot.
Players must play their hands independently and cannot tell opponents how to act or reveal their hand to other players. Violations will disqualify the hand for the Jackpot.
Fund distribution
Of the distributed amount, 50% will go to the loser of the hand, 25% to the winner and 25% will be split between the other seated players who actively participated in the hand (any player sitting out will not receive a portion of the jackpot).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-10-2004, 04:55 PM

The minimum losing hand is QUAD 10'S?! Seems rediculous.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how you mean to answer my question, but what I meant to ask about the "drop" was how much money they take for the jackpot at each limit. On balance, even if it loosens up play or pools the worse players, I would be surprized if those effects overcome the increased rake. Therefore I am against having the jackpot.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are beta testing, and are not taking drop yet. The only Jackpot is the house contribution of $5000. Apparently they have not decided on a drop amount. I just checked, and there are about 25-30 Jackpot games going, all 2/4 or 3/6. My understanding is that they are going to continue to run non-Jackpot games at all levels, and let player demand decide how many of each they need to open.