Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 12:23 AM

Default KTo in the BB

Am I just a fool or were there sufficient EV to try this?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.16 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (11.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Th Kc (high card, king).
MP1 shows Qh Qd (one pair, queens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 11.16 BB. </font>

The river bet was kind of foolish. I thought at the time that it was my only chance to win, but with his preflop raise, I should have known after he called the check raise that he had at least a part of the flop.

thanks for any responses...
Old 06-10-2004, 12:30 AM

Default Re: KTo in the BB

I think Clarkmeister posted that one of the 5 things that low-limit players need to "unlearn" is the semi-bluff check-raise. This will NEVER work in the PP 2-4... Just call MP's bet and hope you hit one of your outs.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:43 AM

this hand is hit or miss in the BB...if you play it You really only have 6 clean outs. You are not getting pot odds to procede furter after the flop. Also, you are looking at a flush draw on the board so you have more hands that can beat you if another club lands.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:52 AM

I rarely use the semi-bluff check raise, and it certainly didnt work here. but with the 3rd flush on the board you dont think it would ever work?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:57 AM

Not very likely in PP.

I would be folding pre-flop.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:06 AM

This should be an auto-fold preflop - to many ways to be dominated. If it was suited then it's an easy call.

About the turn play - I with the other guys there. No one is folding at 2/4. The river bet is bad.