Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 01:05 AM

Default I\'m a calling station

I'm not sure I like my play here, but you be the judge. First orbit at this table, no reads or notes on anybody in the hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:12 AM

Default Re: I\'m a calling station

Hey San Diego! You should fold on the flop because the BB three-bet often means a King and an Ten are not that great (they are, in fact, "tainted"). Once you don't fold the flop, calling down okay. Folding the flop makes your turn and river play easier, haha. You play anywhere live?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:06 AM

Default Re: I\'m a calling station

I wasn't fully buying the 3-bet for some reason, it felt like he was just trying to bully me back, so I thought I'd take one off to see what happened. But I see your point about my tainted outs.

I played a tournament at Viejas several months ago (got a free entry), and went down in flames (I was so nervous to be in a live card room that I couldn't even read the board [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). But I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and had a good time playing 2/4 at the Monte Carlo, so I've been thinking about playing some in San Diego. Maybe at Ocean's 11. How are the games there?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:18 AM

Default San Diego Poker Scene

Live games are better than online everywhere, and San Diego is no exception. I play at Oceans 11, LuckyLady, and Viejas. Oceans has a 3-6 kill game which is great. Viejas 3-6 is probably a bit better. Live Low limit poker can be a frustrating game so don't spend too much time there unless you have the patience of a saint. On-line low limit is a bit harder, but more fun since you can play lots of tables and its fast, fast, fast.

I will be at Oceans all month, finally cooling off mikel. PM me if you want.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:38 AM

Default Re: San Diego Poker Scene

The 4-8 at viejas is a tougher game than the 8-16... Thats not saying much though. Lucky lady low limit seems to be a complete crap shoot. The live San Diego games play like a 1-2 online. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: San Diego Poker Scene

[ QUOTE ]
I play at Oceans 11, LuckyLady, and Viejas.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where's LuckyLady?

[ QUOTE ]
Live Low limit poker can be a frustrating game so don't spend too much time there unless you have the patience of a saint.

[/ QUOTE ]
Luckily I think patience is actually one of my better qualities as a poker player so far [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I will be at Oceans all month, finally cooling off mikel. PM me if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]
I might just do that.