Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 01:58 PM

Default How was this NL 6-max hand played

6 max $50 NL Party blinds, $0.5-$1.0

I like to choose a table that has at least two players with $75 +...hopefully I can find a table with a guy over $100......but I also study the table a couple of loops to see if these players are good or just loose and have cleaned out a couple of guys by being loose....if that is the case, then I want to be in that game.

I always notice that guys that have 1 or two double-ups are always willing to give a lot of that winnings up, and that is why I look for big stacks

So, I am in the SB with KdKc. Big stack is EP1,

blinds $0.50-$1.00

so EP1 calls, button calls, I raise $4, BB folds, EP1 calls, Button folds,

Flop Kh 9d 5c

I check, EP1 checks

Turn 2h

now I worry about the other dude flushing out and that would drive me nuts, so I bet out $8, EP1 raises to $16, so I reraise all-in $40, he quickly calls

River Th

EP1 turns over 5d5s.

I take it down with trip Kings, I really thought when the heart came on the river that I was beaten

would anyone play this hand differently, or is this the way it should be played???

DOGG
Old 06-09-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: How was this NL 6-max hand played

I like betting out on the flop - as you will be anyway most times you raise. That way, when someone raises you, you can reraise or call. It will also give you more bluffing equity on your stabs later on if the players pay attention to that. If the stacks are deep, betting out also helps your chances of doubling through someone.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:35 PM

i pretty much always bet out here too but i think this is a decent flop to try a check. i prefer betting though because it gets more money in the pot.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:51 PM

As a general rule with slowplaying trips. I bet the flop if I have bet preflop, especially early position, but if I have say 77 and I just limp/call preflop, then I'll check the flop. Anyone with any skill with sense a trap if you bet preflop then check when a K hits....