Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Re: $10+1 rebuy on Stars. What\'s your flop action?

why not throw out a relatively small bet (such as 500-1000) and allow for him to tip his hand... if he has nothing he will fold (and you'll win whats there without having to risk all your chips against possible nuts). If he calls, then he is probably looking to draw against your top pair or he believes you are bluffing (but most importantly it allows him to call with 2nd best). If he raises then you will need to factor in what type of player he is to determine what his agressive move means.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he checks, you can proceed a bit easier regardless of the turn card

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you suggest happens here if a diamond falls....Joe has to lead out again,does he check? if he checks the other guy may go all in,yet still might not have adiamond,he might even flash Joe a QQ no diamond for a real kick in the bollix.

Ive seen these before and Ive seen the scenario I have described,An All in from Joe on the flop may still get him out of the tourney but Id still rather have the hand rather than the draw going into this one.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:53 PM

I like betting out all in. Gives him an opportunity to fold. If he doesn't, you're probably a slight favorite or less likely a big underdog(AA x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...)

What happened Joe?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:57 PM

More than likely the chips will get in on the flop. At least with a check, you may be able to induce a non-diamond to bet, hoping to take the pot. If a diamond falls on the turn, I'd probably check-fold or feeler bet. If a more likely non-diamond falls, can get the chips in with odds. Perhaps this is weak, but with 4 diamonds on the board, I'd rather take my shot elsewhere, even with the pot size. However, the odds of both players checking and a diamond falling on the turn is very slim...think it's less than inducing a bet from a random hand with no diamond from a big stack.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:33 PM

Joe folded out of turn because he's weak/passive.

J/K. Yeah Joe, what did you do here?
Old 06-09-2004, 03:06 PM

Hey all I'm new to the forum. I am also Joe's roomate and I got to see this hand unfold... Here's how it went: After the flop came all diamonds I said to him "don't get crazy on this" and he said "I have to push in" so he did. CO calls him and flips over Ad Qx. Next card is a diamond and the rest is history.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:10 PM

Default RESULTS

Flop: (t14000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Joe Tall bets t14683 (All-In)</font>, CO calls t14683.

Turn: (t43366) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t43366) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t43366
<font color="green">Main Pot: t43366 (t43366), between Joe Tall and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (t43366).</font>
<font color="red">
Joe Tall shows Ks Kh (two pair, kings and eights).
CO shows Qh Ad (flush, ace high).
Outcome: CO wins t43366.
and Joe Tall rides off into the sunset.</font>

Thanks for your replies boys,
Joe Tall
Old 06-09-2004, 03:15 PM

Default rrclimber\'s real response...

Via email, this morning:

Of course I have the beauty of having seen the outcome and hindsight is 20/20. I understand your intitial play to try and get some money off of him by just raising preflop but that flop is scary as hell to me. 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s I think that guy would have called you regardless. He had you covered with a ton of outs. He had to put you on a big pair and wasn't too scared to call your raise in the first place. I think that he would call regardless.

Here are my two thoughts:

1. check to him, anyone who is going to try and play to a speculative hand like that for that much cash is going to try it regardless of the bet (as was the case) The danger of this wouldn't be that he would try and draw to a hand it would be that he would try and bluff you off the hand.

2. Make another big bet but don't go all in. Going all in reveals everything about your hand (yes, I have a big pair, and yes I am trying to push you off the hand because the flop is scary as hell) But like I said we both know what happened. I can't fault the way that you played that hand though, you simply got unlucky. I think that in general I tend to be a little bit more conservative and that is why I tried to warn you off the hand the whole thing gave me the creeps and in my gut it felt bad. I can see that it was a great opportunity to get some cash and I know it kills to lay down kings but how bad it hurt to get knocked out of the tourney on a crap hand like that.

He's just too much of a puss to post it.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-09-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

his preflop call was terrible.
But you both played it correct after the flop.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:59 PM

Default Re: rrclimber\'s real response...

Having seen the way he played this hand, he would have called a limp, allin by you preflop. No chance for you not to lose all your chips here. Well played.
You lose. Good day, sir.- WillyWonka to Charlie's grandfather, near the end