Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 06:17 PM

Default Re: James Woods - Any Good?

I played like 8 hours of 20-200 spread limit with him during the shooting star tournament in San Jose (bay 101). He tries to play well, but he plays way too many hands, and pushes in the wrong spot. Look for my trip report from April or March for information. He managed to hit a 3 outter for a 3500 pot from me. That still stings a bit, I suppose. That said, he's a terrific guy, and is quite bright. He's very interested in playing poker, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him improve quite a bit. He is quite intelligent, and I really enjoyed chatting with him, and apparently he's playing at the Hustler most nights.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:25 PM

Woods busted out on Sunday
Old 06-05-2004, 01:35 PM

I heard he won a seat through a satellite, and it obviously wasn't the one you were talking about n1. Isn't he a hollywood actor? Why does he even bother with the satellites? I mean, I know why a lot of the pro's do. A lot of times they travel to a tournament and spend most of their time in the cardrooms anyway. So it can save them the cost of an entry fee, but James has to be loaded right?
I dunno, just struck me as odd.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:22 PM

Yeah,i was wondering about that too but didn't feel right asking him about it.$125 sat for $1k tourney.Surely he could afford the $1k buy-in no problem.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:40 PM

Maybe he plays them for the fun and challenge of it. It's a good way to practice your shorthanded play.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:31 PM

I spent 2 hours on his left this weekend at a No Limit tournament at Commerce. Before coming to my table, he took a large stack and AA up against an AK all-in preflop and lost when the AK made a flush. Came to the table with an average stack, played extremely tight for 2 hours. Laid down AQ to a limp reraise (reraiser showed AK), made a show a couple times about throwing away AJ in middle position in an unopened pot. Never showed a hand worse than AQ. Can't remember how he busted out.