Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2004, 03:33 PM

Default 2/4 NL - who\'s holding what?

2/4 NL on PokerStars, full 9-handed table

MP limps for $4, next player (PFR) raises to $12, BB calls $8 as does the MP limper. BB has about $375, MP $200, PFR $200.

Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

BB checks, MP limper bets $20, PFR calls $20, BB calls $20.

Turn brings the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

BB checks, MP bets $12, PFR raises to $56, BB pushes in for $350, both MP and PFR call all-in.

What does each player have?
Old 06-07-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: 2/4 NL - who\'s holding what?

This is tough. Easiest read is BB who has set 6's or 3's. PFR, well I may make a move on pot with that size raise preflop so I'm going with KJ(though it is a perfect flop to smooth call w/JJ).MP, 45 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]??
Old 06-07-2004, 04:38 PM

MP limper: KJ
PFR: JJ
BB: 66

It seemed like both PFR and BB may have been slow playing a monster. MP had to call all in when he hit his two pair on the turn. Just my guess.

Justin A
Old 06-08-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Answer with follow-up questions

BB did indeed have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the set on the flop.
MP had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and picked up the nut flush draw on the turn.
PFR had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for two pair on the turn.

The river bricked with the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the BB took the $775 pot with three sixes.

Comments on each player's actions?
Old 06-08-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Answer with follow-up questions

my though are MP should have fold after the preflop raise. He will play a drawing hand out of position. When he see the flop he try to bluff the pot with his bottom pair when the preflop raiser have to play after him. if the preflop raiser is agressive he will most of the time raise him on the flop and he will have to fold. I think his bet wasn't a good idea (probably -EV). He has no flush draw.
for the set I would probably raise on the flop to knock out 45 of the hand (I reraise too often on the flop though so maybe it's better to just call). The turn push from BB claim a set so I am not sure calling the allin with a flush draw (with only one card to come) is a good idea against 2 other opponent. I would have fold A3h.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:51 AM

I agree with your comment about MP folding the A3 to the check-raise on the turn. I see a lot of crazy plays at the NL tables, but I was shocked to read the hand history and see that MP called all-in for a large amount of money ($175) with only a flush draw and one card to come.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:29 PM

MP limper has KJs or 66, raiser has AK of some sort and BB has a set 66 or JJ. My guess.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:34 PM

I personally would have folded A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but I think he should have raised or folded. KJs raise is fine, and so was the preflop call from the big stack, figuring a 3 handed flop. PFR, should have raised on the flop, he was losing his stack no matter what after that turn. MP didn't belong in the hand on the flop. In a raised pot, even his 3 Aces, may not be outs.