Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2004, 03:01 AM

Default Re: The UNABOMBER!?! Are you kidding me?

Last time i checked, Jesus wasn't a serial murderer.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: The UNABOMBER!?! Are you kidding me? Oh Booo whoooo

Oh boo whoo, He's got that nickname...
1.Other players gave that to him, he didn't pick it
2.His antics brought excitement to the table, and it WAS more exciting to watch (my sister had never seen one, and saw part of the WPT with The Unabomber in it, and got interested and sat down to watch more)
3.You guys need to chill out, it IS a free country, let him do what he wants, I do agree about knocking his chips over when he went all in, he was being an a$$ for that.
4.Whoever was talking about this being politicall correct, they are right, people are getting mad at his GIVEN Nickname, though bad, he can't do anything about it.
5. And, its been so long now since he's had taht nickname, I highly doubt they would just erase it and not mention it now...
just my two cents, when I was watching it, I didn't think anything to bad about his nickname being GIVEN to him b/c of the way he looks.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Re: The UNABOMBER!?! Are you kidding me? Oh Booo whoooo

[ QUOTE ]
Oh boo whoo, He's got that nickname...
1.Other players gave that to him, he didn't pick it
2.His antics brought excitement to the table, and it WAS more exciting to watch (my sister had never seen one, and saw part of the WPT with The Unabomber in it, and got interested and sat down to watch more)
3.You guys need to chill out, it IS a free country, let him do what he wants, I do agree about knocking his chips over when he went all in, he was being an a$$ for that.
4.Whoever was talking about this being politicall correct, they are right, people are getting mad at his GIVEN Nickname, though bad, he can't do anything about it.
5. And, its been so long now since he's had taht nickname, I highly doubt they would just erase it and not mention it now...
just my two cents, when I was watching it, I didn't think anything to bad about his nickname being GIVEN to him b/c of the way he looks.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're totally missing the point...
Old 06-07-2004, 12:57 PM

Default ESPN on the Unibomber

link to article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ovinger/040607
Old 06-08-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: ESPN on the Unibomber

Non PC sells.

People like to be pissed off.(It's true)
People like to see others be pissed off.

Welcome to corprate America.

For $$ reasons they wont let things get out of hand, but will always press the limits. I don't think any side can win this argument on whether or not its an OK name. Point blank it will offend some and not others. It personally does not offend me, but I can see why it would offend some greatly.