Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Test for the NL/PL Forum! Take your shot and earn $150!!

I'll make a couple of appropriately absurd guesses.
Min Preflop Better: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (I really wanted to guess black deuces, but I'll stick with this)

The Bear was really close to getting the min Preflop raiser right! He guessed 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the correct answer was 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]... Good try!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Conclusion! (long)

Hey, can you go over the part where you explain folding a big overpair on the flop with a backdoor flush draw and straight draw to a less than pot size bet..... especially on Party. That was horrible [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].
Old 06-02-2004, 03:50 PM

yeah, what did you put these guys on during the hand?
Old 06-02-2004, 04:19 PM

I was waiting for the clever explanation about how you successfully put your opponents on monster hands and brilliantly folded your QQ. If you fold QQ in this position you are over-thinking the situation. I'd be moving all in on the flop.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:00 PM

yeah, what did you put these guys on during the hand?

I put the min Preflop raiser on a PP for a set or AA or KK and I put the calling station on a draw or possible also on a set.

And my reason for folding was this:

1: If I was going to play the hand I was going all-in. Call would be the worst thing I could do. Fold or re-raise all-in was my options. And I choose to fold. What really made me confused was the min pre flop raiser..

2: I don't like to back up a pair with my hole stack in a multihanded pot.

If the min Preflop raiser had been in the pot without the calling station I would never have folded. Or the opposite.
But the hand didn’t "feel" right at the moment. As it turned out I did a mistake. But that was not why I posted this hand. And why I didn't write what I thought about the hand.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:15 PM

I don't know I think you could get away with possibly just call on the flop. Its 20 to you with 65 in the pot. You have an overpair and the two back door draws. I think on the flop you have 17 cards which improve you to a draw or a set assuming you are up against a set or OP (9 hearts + 3 9's, 3,J's, 3 K's + 2 Q's) you will improve to a set or a draw 36% of the time. If you do you improve on the river about 35%. So 10% of the time you will improve by the river. This doesn't even take into account the possibility that your hand is good which you would have to think is atleast 25% if not higher. Thus, I think at the very least you can call there and see what happens on the turn. As it happens the K falls, if it is checked, you can either check or bet all in.

Or you could just go all in on the flop.