Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Pistons/Lakers thoughts

I know, the East isn't done yet. But I think the Pistons will advance.

And I think this could be a tough series for the Lakers. Pistons' defense is really that good, and I see the Lakers with trouble scoring.

Pistons might not win, but I'm taking dog/under in the first two games. Comments?
Old 06-01-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Pistons/Lakers thoughts

I think Detroit could beat LA. They are deeper than LA and they pose more of a threat than Indiana does (O'Neal hurt). LA has home court if they play Detroit, which could be the determining factor.

I like LA in 7.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:23 PM

I am interested to see how Ben Wallace does against Shaq. Yao actually played him okay this year, so it is possible to keep him from totally dominating, and his free throws, really struggling. Didn't see regualar seasonsPistons/Lakers, how does Wallace look in post v. Daddy??

Advantage Shaq obviously, but if I had to pick a center to play Shaq, Wallace would be one or two. Sort of like Phil v. Larry...

D-fish hurt, how bad?? Payton needs help.

Rasheed will take Karl out a little farther. Karl has lost any jumping ability, and has resorted to reaching in and fouling down low on every play. What a baby he is to complain about any foul. Him vs. that paragon of maturity Wallace should be fun.

Kobe is the man, can Pistons great team D and Prince could hold him down??

I am going to watch the game tonight, see how Piston's look. Haven't been paying as much attention to the East. Do think it'll be huge upset if Lakers lose series, but that doesn't mean no value in Pistons...
Old 06-02-2004, 01:13 AM

I don't like the matchups for the pistons. Kobe will guard Rip and Shaq will cheat off of Ben Wallace and protect the hoop.I know Ben is a great defender but he is like 6' 6"!

Larry Brown will do what everyone does against the Lakers, and run pick and rolls with Ben trying to draw Shaq away from the basket.

Rasheed could be a problem as could Billups if Payton can't stay in front of him?

I think the 2-3-2 format could help the Pistons as they will be tough at home and the Lakers tend to lay a few eggs on the road.

Pinnacle has the Lakers -640$ Pistons +595$ .... WOW! I have a good sized bet on lakers to win NBA title that I got at -130$ right after they beat the spurs. Woke up the next morning and it was -180$.

I would bet the Pistons at home if I were going to play them. First 2 games at home are critical for Lakers, they sould be motivated. If Detroit can steal one they would be setup nicely going home for 3 straight games. 6 to 1 seems a bit steep? What if Kobe or Shaq gets hurt? I may have to hedge?
Old 06-02-2004, 02:49 AM

I just watched the second half. I guess it was a very poor shooting first half. That is my concern with the Pistons. They are a defensive team, and they are prone to go cold for long stretches, like the whole game.

That's okay if you can stop your opponent. But nobody really stops Kobe and Shaq. They will get 45-50 points. Not bad when Pistons often struggle to get 75.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:40 PM

Default taking the under...

who would ever take the over in a game with the pistons. That last indiana game was lower scoring than a college game!!!!!!!!1