Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Too aggressive?

Was I too aggressive? Now after looking at the hand I was beat on the flop. MP1 did not raise BB. I figured I was still the winning hand.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Wada is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Wada raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Wada raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Wada caps $2 (All-In)</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (17 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 3d 3s (full house, threes full of sixes).
Wada shows Qc Qh (two pair, queens and sixes).
Outcome: MP1 wins 18 BB. </font>
Old 06-04-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Too aggressive?

Considering that you were all in w/ the cap on the flop, i think you played this well.

If you had more money, i would have just called the 3-bet on the flop. With a rainbow board and a raised pf, you may be beat, and you may still have the best hand. This action could have been from a draw... A4, K4, or from top pair, or two pair. It also could be from trips (then you are drawing to 2 outs).

I would definately slowdown and call to a showdown unless there are two others raising the pot.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:42 PM

The only mistake I see here is not bringing enough money to the table.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:47 PM

I guess being all-in makes the flop cap ok. But in the future don't get yourself in the position of being all-in. Either reload with enough money to cap all streets if this rare situation comes up or just leave the table.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:48 PM

I would definitely play this and if you weren't all in, call down the turn and river (assuming you don't fill up). And make sure you have at least 12BB before starting the next hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 12:49 PM

Always be on the lookout for the BB hitting any flop agressively, even with an OESD on his part, you aren't looking so great (Still worth playing though, obviously). I'd have been thinking 2 pair, top pair + OESD or gutshot, or a flopped set the way he was playing. Obviously you are behind in most of those cases.

So, I would have raised the flop, but not capped it (I would have probably 3-bet if the order was as such that I had the option), just call there though. After that, consider going into check/call mode, and fold to a 3 bet except to a known maniac, and consider folding to a raise from a TAG player, or a loose/passive player. With all the agression on the flop, it's safe to consider yourself behind here.

Considering that the cap put you all in, that was fine. Above is what I would have done ifI had more money.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:21 PM

Ok thanks everyone.

I figured out that HU means Heads Up and TPTK means top pair top kicker.... but OESD? Enlighten me on this one please (remember newbie here so go easy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 06-04-2004, 01:38 PM

Open ended straight draw. gutshot = inside straight draw.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:14 PM

Heh-heh -- Poker forums can be as bad as a technical forum with all the acronyms. Maybe we should start a glossary... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]