Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 09:15 AM

Default James Woods - Any Good?

Comment from Jimmy on the Celeb Show "I play hold-em every day on the internet or live". Anyone every played against him? Is he any good?

Seems like a knowledgable player on an otherwise unwatchable show. Rumor-I hear this is the highest rated show on Bravo - we'll be seeing this trash every year!!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 AM

Default Re: James Woods - Any Good?

I played with him briefly at the palms a few months ago, i think it was when they were shooting his episode, he seemed pretty solid to me...doesn't he have a really high IQ i think i read that somewhere...
Old 06-04-2004, 10:22 AM

Well, he did go to MIT.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:28 AM

On the show last night as they went to commercial, they asked the question what is James Woods IQ? The 3 choices were 170, 180, and 190. I missed the return so I didn't see the answer. I thought he played ok but too tight against those weak players.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:30 AM

I played against him at the mirage last week...he was in the NLHE tourneys they have.. He's a solid player...didn't see him at any final tables though...
Old 06-04-2004, 11:49 AM

I was sitting next to Vince Van Patten at the WSOP, so I was chatting with him a bit. During one of the breaks, James Woods came up and started talking to him. Apparently Woods and Van Patten are trying to start a new internet poker site - hollywoodpoker.com or something like that - I don't remember exactly. They were both wearing shirts with their sites' name on it though. Anyway, I asked Van Patten about Woods' game, and he was like "Yeah, he knows what he's doing and plays quite a bit; he's pretty good." So take that for what it's worth. I think Woods was starting on Sunday in the WSOP, though I don't believe he made it through his first day. I guess now that I think about it, VVP wouldn't have been like "he sucks" no matter what though...
Old 06-04-2004, 01:03 PM

I guess he has a house in the area and when he is around you can find him in the Foxwoods PL game about twice a week. I've never played with him, just seen him there more then once.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:09 PM

I played with him in a $125 single table sit'n'go sat for the wsop $1k "extra" events at the Shoe.He played decent enough from what i saw.Tight aggressive.Bad call on his part sent him packing.6 left,he has about what we started with in chips left,he open raises the minimum with 77,AA re-raises all in,he calls and is out 6th.He did have a few good stories to tell...Talking about multi-table tournies.."I like to get a big chip lead early on and then take off for an hour and get a BJ!"
Old 06-04-2004, 02:52 PM

a guy from galaxy, in nyc, busted him on monday of the wsop.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:36 PM

He surely is a genius. Couldn't say what his IQ is exactly, but it is over the genius level. I'm also unsure of how good a hold'em player he is, but I'm sure with the intelligence he poseses it wouldn't take him too long to catch on.