Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 01:54 AM

Default 2 questionable hands.

This guy was a manaic but as bad as I've been running I'm surprised I showed this much agression.

Did I play this correctly? Should I have slowed down earlier....not at all?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Sicc is UTG+2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Sicc calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Sicc calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sicc raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sicc caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sicc raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Sicc calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 19.50 BB, between SB and Sicc.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (19.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qc 4h (full house, fours full of queens).
Sicc shows 2c 2s (full house, twos full of fours).
Outcome: SB wins 19.50 BB. </font>

HAND 2

Does anyone call this river?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Sicc is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Sicc calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Sicc calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Sicc checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Sicc checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Sicc folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.25 BB, between Button and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (8.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows 2h 2s (two pair, eights and twos).
Button shows 9d Ac (one pair, eights).
Outcome: CO wins 8.25 BB. </font>
Old 06-04-2004, 03:01 AM

Default Re: 2 questionable hands.

Hand 1: I think 3-betting the river after being raised on every street is brave. I would put the beggar on a 4 on the flop unless he raised flush/OES Draws. When he goes to town on the turn i'd be concerned with bottom house and check-call the river.

Hand 2: The button raise on the flop could be AJ or overcards, or a low pocket pair. When button checks through the turn, i'd check-call the river at the very least. I don't ever expect an 8 to be there, a straight even less. If i have a good table image, i'd bet the river.

Pete H.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:09 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Hand 1 I was basically like I can't be outdrawn AGAIN and I just kept goin nuts.

Hand 2 I really don't know what I was thinking. When I went back and looked I was like what the hell was I doing?
Old 06-04-2004, 04:59 AM

Hand 1: When the SB 3 bets you on the turn I think you just call here. Then check call the River. I think it's very obvious he at least has a 4, and quite possible you're looking at a better Full House.

Hand 2: The 8 on the River is scary, you've now paired the highest board card, and you've basically got nothing, plus there was a raise on the flop. I would fold on the turn even though you hit your 5. Any 7 beats you, any 6 beats you, any 8 beats you.

laceratedsky
Old 06-04-2004, 05:05 AM

Well, I put the button on overcards with the flop raise and the check through on the turn. I think the reason I folded is because he called the river and I thought maybe he had a pocket pair that beat my 5's. I knew there wasn't an 8 out there.

Joe, you would have folded the turn when it was free to check? I did have a flush draw with my 5. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 05:09 AM

woooops!

I'm retarded.

I meant the River. Ah well, it's late anyway, what do I know? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

laceratedsky