Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2004, 08:10 AM

Default How did I play the good \'uns?

Would appreciate all comments on these hands. Group 1-3 hands that didn't go entirely as I'd hoped...

Can't remember significant reads on the players involved, assume normal for Party 0.5/1.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Should I be folding / reraising here?

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between MP1, CO, SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 5d 7d (two pair, nines and fives).
CO shows Js As (one pair, nines).
SB shows Kd Ad (one pair, nines).
Hero shows Kc Ac (one pair, nines).
Outcome: MP1 wins 10 BB. </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Too aggressive?

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should I have mucked by now?

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, won by MP1.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by MP1.</font>

No showdown. MP1 wins 10.50 BB. </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises $1 (All-In)</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Should I have given him credit for the 9 and folded to the raise (given he's seen me 3 bet preflop)?

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 2.50 BB, between MP2, CO and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (2.50 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 4.50 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 3: 1 BB, between MP2 and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (1 BB).</font>

BB shows 4s Ad (two pair, nines and fours).
MP2 shows 9d Ts (three of a kind, nines).
CO shows Qh Jc (one pair, nines).
Outcome: MP2 wins 8 BB. </font>
Old 06-03-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Re: How did I play the good \'uns?

Hand 1:
looks, good. be ready to fold to a turn bet. after the turn check around, would you have called a bet on the river?

on the flop, you have two overcards and a gutshot (10 outs), while I do like 3-betting here in some situations, I also like calling and c/r the turn when you hit your hand.

hand 2:
fold preflop, you need a lot of cold callers to make this play profitable.
if you make it to the flop, it is fine, you 3-bet him preflop, he 3-bets your flop raise. He has you beat.

hand 3:
looks good to me.

-AA
Old 06-03-2004, 10:37 AM

Hand 1: Because you were the preflop 3-better, I would have bet out on the turn as well. If you are raised again, fold the hand. If you aren't raised, bet again on the river. In this case, when it was checked around on the turn, I would have bet out on the river.

Hand 2: JTs should have been called or folded here preflop... I'd lean towards folding to a solid raiser and calling a loose raiser. It needs many callers to be efficient, and three betting narrows the field. In addition, you have a marginal holding against a preflop raiser. When you hit the Jack as top pair, I would raise the flop and if you are reraised by the preflop raiser, call it down in case he is holding AK/AQ/KQ/TT and you are ahead. You are probably throwing money away though. Best to have dumped preflop.

Hand 3: I would have called it down with an overpair after the raise. Don't know if this is what everyone'd do, though.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:13 PM

That last hand is pretty interesting to me, I think I might be pushing those hands a little to hard...

I would probably 3-bet the flop and come out betting again on the turn (independant in this case of whether or not he caps the flop). If he raises the turn I fold. Hopefully he folds to my bet though, but if he calls I will check/call the river (if he was on overcards all this time , and just didn't give me credit for the nine, he will fold to a river bet. If I bet and he calls he has me beat).

Is it the fact that its MP2 who now suddenly starts betting that changes everything?

I would like to get some feedback on what others would do here, so far the input has varied a little.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:
looks, good. be ready to fold to a turn bet. after the turn check around, would you have called a bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to think I'd have folded to a bet from SB (likely to have 9s), called a bet from the CO (on a steal with high card) and probably called a bet from MP1 - rightly or wrongly. You?

RH
Old 06-03-2004, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Because you were the preflop 3-better, I would have bet out on the turn as well. If you are raised again, fold the hand. If you aren't raised, bet again on the river. In this case, when it was checked around on the turn, I would have bet out on the river.

Hand 2: JTs should have been called or folded here preflop... I'd lean towards folding to a solid raiser and calling a loose raiser. It needs many callers to be efficient, and three betting narrows the field. In addition, you have a marginal holding against a preflop raiser. When you hit the Jack as top pair, I would raise the flop and if you are reraised by the preflop raiser, call it down in case he is holding AK/AQ/KQ/TT and you are ahead. You are probably throwing money away though. Best to have dumped preflop.

Hand 3: I would have called it down with an overpair after the raise. Don't know if this is what everyone'd do, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re Hand 1, I like your way to play it. I'm still pretty new to this and feel I'm playing too timid at times.

Re Hand 2, folding preflop seems to be the consensus, and is probably what I would've done normally. Guess I must have been overcompensating for my timidity [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Cheers for the feedback.

RH
Old 06-03-2004, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That last hand is pretty interesting to me, I think I might be pushing those hands a little to hard...

I would probably 3-bet the flop and come out betting again on the turn (independant in this case of whether or not he caps the flop). If he raises the turn I fold. Hopefully he folds to my bet though, but if he calls I will check/call the river (if he was on overcards all this time , and just didn't give me credit for the nine, he will fold to a river bet. If I bet and he calls he has me beat).

Is it the fact that its MP2 who now suddenly starts betting that changes everything?

I would like to get some feedback on what others would do here, so far the input has varied a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought MP2 probably had the 9 (A9?) when he raised the flop. My thoughts being that most players at this limit are pretty passive and won't raise in this position without a hand. What would you think to 3 betting the flop; if capped, check and fold the turn, else bet turn and fold to a raise?

RH
Old 06-03-2004, 06:25 PM

Default Nothing to add to the discussion, but

on hand 3, did BB go all-in when he posted his blind?
Old 06-03-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Nothing to add to the discussion, but

[ QUOTE ]
on hand 3, did BB go all-in when he posted his blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes