Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2004, 08:23 AM

Default HU hand 100-200

I thought this hand was really cool, because I used a small online tell (which can go both ways strong and weak), and maybe pushed it too much.

I hadnt played with this guy before, but after playing for a while a seemed decent, but I also saw some leaks which could be exploited. This mainly was his predictability.

Anyway, he raises from the SB and I call with Ts8c on the BB and button.

Flop Ac Jc Qs

He bets and I call.

Turn is the 2d. Now he hestitates for a tiny bit and bets. I call again (double gutshot).

River is the 5c. He bets quickly and I raise. He folds.

Ship it.

Regards
Old 06-02-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Re: HU hand 100-200

its a cool hand

on-line tells arent so good multi tabling so in practice this isnt a problem a lot of the time

on the turn a good player should be thinking about the river - having that much time i could imagine reading a quick bet on the river as a kind of "the gentleman doth protest too much" scenario - other than that i dont see it

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-02-2004, 02:08 PM

Talking to a friend about a good size online NL game where he made a big Ace-high all-in call on the river, he mentioned that his opponent was a guy who wasn't unthinking (like your opponent thinking here on the turn), but bet so fast on the river he didn't have time to think, implying a hand w/ no showdown value at all and hence his call.

Here's a question for you re: this game. How often will your opponent fold 77 to this river raise? Or if he's not going to fold 77 will he just check-call?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:19 PM

I think he will fold 77 near 100%, and I think he's correct to do so. See that if I was drawing my most obvious draw hit (clubflush). Would you call with 77 here? I really rarely bluff at the river, and all the times I raised the river I was best by far. I indeed think he would rather check-call 77 here than bet.

I would likely have just folded the river if I didnt get the tell on turn and river.

Regards
Old 06-02-2004, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you call with 77 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Against a lot of players I'll check-call here w/ 77. If I bet 77 it's more likely to be a bluff and I'll fold to a raise.