Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2004, 07:01 PM

Default A really strange thing just happened

Up to this point I've been just lurking, reading the posts and learning quite a bit. To everyone here I say thank you for all the things I've been learning to help my game. However, the strangest thing I've ever seen in a one table tournament just happened and I had to pass it along and ask if anyone has ever seen this.

Third place has just busted out and now I'm heads-up for the win. I have about 1500 more chips than my opponent. First hand I call pre-flop and wait. My opponent times out. No disconnect, just times out and folds. Suddenly, every hand is folded instantly by my opponent until I win.

Not that I can complain about a win or anything, but does anyone have a clue at all what may have been going on, or, more so, through the thoughts of my opponent.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Re: A really strange thing just happened

He may have hit "post and fold" or the equivalent, i.e. he had somewhere else to be, was late, etc.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:04 PM

I have had this happen as well, even in a big multi table tourney when it was down to 3 of us.
In sng's, they mave have multiples going and need to focus on them since they have already locked up 2nd place money.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:07 PM

Or his power went out, his ISP quit on him, his computer died, all sorts of things. (Is it a really bad sign if I have an old laptop sitting next to the desktop just in case ?)