Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Fossilman = Nostradamus

Doing what I'm sure many are, looking in the archives of Fossilman posts. First, let me say that if I would have read some of these posts before the big one, I would have put money on him. However, I've never spent much time in the Tournament forum, but that's gonna change. Anyway, I was looking through his posts and I found this one.

Posted by Fossilman on 2/16/04:

(Thank you) for your kind words and thoughts.

I got very lucky at many times throughout the tourney. Especially one all-in hand where I was still far from the final table, forced all-in by posting almost all my chips in the SB, heads-up against QQ while holding 43o. 44A flop. ;-) And there were many other hands I won with a lot of luck, so I don't want to complain.

But I certainly didn't get lucky heads-up. I think I had him all-in 4 times (3? 5?). I wasn't the favorite every one of those times, but with slightly different river cards I win the match on any of about 5 hands. Very tough. Very disappointing. I've said before, every time you don't win the tournament, you are disappointed. Even with a $40K towel to cry on.

But, I'm also very happy, and glad to see I've got so many friends here on 2+2. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Hope Harrah's doesn't cancal the WSOP. Would be a real shame to have to wait until next year to win it. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 05-31-2004, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Fossilman = Nostradamus

His boast was indeed remarkable, given the results.

During the double shootout qualifier he won, he made a similiar boast. Four handed and some railbird asked what the chances were than an "unkown" would win the WSOP this year.

I replied from the rail that everybody is known to someone and Greg said something to the effect of, "The chance is zero, because I am going to win, and everybody knows me."

BANG, ship it.

Shane
Old 05-31-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Fossilman = Nostradamus

thats sick