Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Party Poker \"Fold to any bet\" Bug

I sent Party an e-mail about this last night, they haven't gotten back to me yet.

The "Fold to any bet" checkbox is pretty useless (and horribly placed, IMO), but I occasionally use it if I'm first to act on a round, and I intend to check/fold, and it's highly likely someone after me will bet (this last part is important, because if I see a turn card, I'll usually want to re-evaluate my position).

Of course, in the event that it checks through, I have to frantically uncheck that box, so I can re-evaluate and not autofold the hand.

Anyway, precisely this situation occurred, and I didn't manage to uncheck it until someone else had bet. Fortunately, there were people to act in between, so I still had time. Unfortunately, when I unchecked it, no options appeared. Fine, I thought, as I looked at the turn card - it didn't seem to help me anyway, and I assumed it was just too late and my hand would be folded.

But my hand wasn't folded. Instead, the client automatically called the $10 turn bet. Terrible. So I was out $10, and folded on the river to a bet (I had something like 8c6c on an AsQsQdTd board when the client called the turn bet).

Moral of the story is, until they fix this, don't check that "auto fold" box unless you really mean it, and don't uncheck it unless you're prepared for some really strange stuff.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Party Poker \"Fold to any bet\" Bug

I made a similar post some months ago. Michael O'Malley (from Party) answered that one:

Party "Fold To Any Bet", good or bad?

The good thing about it is that others use it, and thus speed up the game, but I never use it myself.

Adde
Old 05-31-2004, 04:04 PM

The "fold to any bet" checkbox is a relatively new feature. The solution would be to DON'T USE IT, especially if, based on player's actions or turn cards, you might not want to fold. Simple, isn't it?
Old 05-31-2004, 04:15 PM

Adde,

The point of my post wasn't that it lasted several betting rounds (which seems to be the point of the posts you link to). My point was that after I unchecked it, the client called a bet without me telling it to!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:20 PM

Sorry, sloppy reading by me. Come to think of it, it has happened to me too.

Adde
Old 05-31-2004, 05:03 PM

I haven't had this happen to me. I have unchecked the box before the action got to me and ended up folding when I wanted a call. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a connection lag.