Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2004, 01:50 PM

Default A Fishy Call on My Part?

Bad call or unavoidable?

Getting towards the end of the second hour of the $11+rebuys on Pokerstars last night. I have about T11000 and average is around T7500. Blinds are 75/150 and I am in the SB. 4 limpers to me and I have QQ. I raise T1500 expecting probably to take the pot right there. The 4th limper just calls. ??? Everyone else folds. I think about the hands he could have and discount all big pairs thinking he would reraise. Small pair? Flop comes J89 rainbow. I bet the pot at T3600. He moves all in with his T8500. For some reason I thought AJ and happily called. He had JJ and I was crippled.

I should have know he hit his set, huh? At first, I just chalked it up as bad timing but the more I think about it, JJ was a very probable holding in this situation in this tournament. For my thinking, he misplayed his hand but it worked out for him. A good player would have either folded them pre-flop or reraised pre-flop right? You can't just smooth call with JJ there can you? Wait, this is about my play, not his.

I played it pretty badly, didn't I?