Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2004, 05:20 AM

Default 10-20: QQ with a wild one and an unknown

I'm new to the table from a must move.

2 limpers from EP and MP to me, I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I raise. SB is a loose-aggressive who is, IMO a great super aggressive post-flop player. SB makes it 3 bets (he can be holding almost any 2 cards in this spot). EP limper calls, I figure I almost certainly have the best hand so I cap the betting. Both players call.

14 small bets in the pot.

Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, EP calls, I raise, SB 3 bets, EP caps, I fold.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, EP checks

River is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, EP folds.

I really hate folding the winner (who doesn't) Since SB didn't show his hand, I don't know for sure that I did fold the winner, but judging by the future action I believe it's a fair assessment.

So, how bad was my fold on the flop? I figure getting the odds I was I should have called. The EP capping the flop was what really scared me off.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:35 AM

Default Re: 10-20: QQ with a wild one and an unknown

This was bad Miah. With that board just get to the river and show your hand down unless things dramatically change on the way there. Like you said the SB is tricky and aggresive, and chances are he is using the two tens on board to try to eliminate you and get heads up with a worse hand. Also, I dont think EP's play is consistent with a ten. With both of you showing that much aggression before the flop, and now again on the flop, he would probably wait until the turn to punish you guys.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 10-20: QQ with a wild one and an unknown

If you could narrow his hands down to AA,KK QQ, or JJ it would still be right to go to the river IMO and call.