Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 06:22 AM

Default Re: PACIFIC POKER STEALS MONEY - Original post

I have an idea of what happened here. First I felt MRVEGAS truly felt he was wronged, second I felt he wasnt telling the whole story, even after seeing the emails I felt something wasnt right.

Then I thought about the guy with multiple accounts,

Before I was a poker player, I was a computer programer, I got into computer programming because I was a hacker, I started 'hacking' by attacking AOL (back when AOL was new, AOL4FREE and all that)

Back in those days we used to 'TOS' people if they did something we didnt like. This was done using multiple accounts (or one overhead or internal account)

You flood customer service with emails or messages of chat abuse mostly, it works like a charm, some accounts never got turned back on. (what works best is tell them this guy asked for your pasword or CC#)

PP probably wont kill an account for chat abuse, but they might for excessive chat abuse, which is the impression 'TOS'ing gives, thats the point.

Being a naturally rude person, MRVEGAS is having trouble getting people to believe him.

My Theory:

MRVEGAS busted the other guy out of the tourney, the other guy complained, MRVEGAS said something obnoxious, the other guy bragged about multi accounts, and inside access (which I doubt), then used his many accounts to 'TOS' MRVEGAS.

thats why MRVEGAS seemed confused when he got the second email banning him(my impression was he commited no offenses between those emails)

Well its a possibility and explains a great many things. It took AOL years to stop this kind of stuff.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have an idea of what happened here. First I felt MRVEGAS truly felt he was wronged, second I felt he wasnt telling the whole story, even after seeing the emails I felt something wasnt right.

Then I thought about the guy with multiple accounts,

Before I was a poker player, I was a computer programer, I got into computer programming because I was a hacker, I started 'hacking' by attacking AOL (back when AOL was new, AOL4FREE and all that)

Back in those days we used to 'TOS' people if they did something we didnt like. This was done using multiple accounts (or one overhead or internal account)

You flood customer service with emails or messages of chat abuse mostly, it works like a charm, some accounts never got turned back on. (what works best is tell them this guy asked for your pasword or CC#)

PP probably wont kill an account for chat abuse, but they might for excessive chat abuse, which is the impression 'TOS'ing gives, thats the point.

Being a naturally rude person, MRVEGAS is having trouble getting people to believe him.

My Theory:

MRVEGAS busted the other guy out of the tourney, the other guy complained, MRVEGAS said something obnoxious, the other guy bragged about multi accounts, and inside access (which I doubt), then used his many accounts to 'TOS' MRVEGAS.

thats why MRVEGAS seemed confused when he got the second email banning him(my impression was he commited no offenses between those emails)

Well its a possibility and explains a great many things. It took AOL years to stop this kind of stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't a site have a record of all chat?

And wouldn't it review that record when complaints are received?
Old 05-29-2004, 06:51 AM

AOL never did, it didnt seem to matter if it was real or not, it continued to work for a very long time, years.

And AOL was suffering financially from it all at the time.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:28 PM

Default Re: ****PACIFIC POKER RESPONDS****

He's an imposter Granny

sssshhhhh

lemme have my fun SF. and btw, if dingomung EVER became nice, it would be to all BUT me and stew.

matter of fact, i would think stew and i are prime suspects for that alias of the troll's alias. it was NOT me tho, so i'm booking stew.

teee

Old 05-29-2004, 01:32 PM

WHAT THE FUK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU GM?? I TRY TO BE NICE AND THE ONLY THING YOU [censored] HAVE TO SAY IS THATS A BIT SMAPPY? [censored] YOU CUNT GO HIDE BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER CUNT I EAT PIECES OF [censored] LIKE YOU FOR BREAKFAST CUNT

MRV

MRV, why are you signing dingo puppet's posts? did you get confused which name you were using??

also, how come you can't say the cuss words, but i can?

finally, it is SPAMMY, not SMAPPY, but i actually like smappy better. mind if i steal it??

who would have known?

dingo puppet = MRVEGAS. no wonder dingo has been supporting him.

Old 05-29-2004, 02:54 PM

thanks fluff, I laughed my ass off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2004, 11:22 AM

Default From Pacific Poker\'s Operations Department

Dear MrVegas,

I am Russell M from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. I am writing concerning your Pacific Poker account. We are aware that you have expressed your opinions about our handling of your account on the Poker Forum pages, and we would like to reply to your concerns expressed on these.

Firstly it should be noted that we have not witheld any of your funds from you. You have cashed out considerably more than you have deposited with us, which includes our awarded bonuses. When your account was blocked by ourselves we paid all cashouts in process. There remains no funds in any of your accounts.

We have terminated your membership with us because of repeated complaints about your abusive behaviour on our chat facility. It should be remembered that we are primarily an entertainment company, we entertain our members who enjoy playing on our tables which includes allowing them to use our chat facility. This is our main concern, and ensures that we will always have players returning if they enjoy the experience we provide. Our chat facility should be viewed as a means of increasing our members' enjoyment. This is not to be used for any abusive language or intimidating chat.

It was repeatadly brought to our attention that you were misusing our chat facility. This meant that you had upset several of our members enough that they lodged complaints with ourselves. We initially blocked your account in December last year for just such concerns. We were assured by yourself that this was an isolated incident and would not reoccur. On these reassurances, we reopened your account, with the stipulation that if such complaints occured again, this would be closed for good.

We did receive further complaints over the coming months. I myself asked that you refrain from using the chat facility full stop, in order that no other members could be offended by your contact. We received further complaints after this date, and so have permanently blocked your account. We do not want your membership with our site as your conduct at Pacific Poker has not changed, despite repeatad warnings from ourselves.

It should also be mentioned that you have abused our Member Support Team since this account blockage.

As mentioned above we have not witheld any of your funds, you have profited from your time at Pacific Poker, but now regretfully, due to your constant uncouth behaviour towards other fellow members, we will not allow you back at our Poker tables.

Kind Regards,
Russell M
Operations Department,
Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd
operations@cassava.net
Old 05-30-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: From Pacific Poker\'s Operations Department

This is simply not true. Russell you want to bring this here. GREAT. the only problem will be weeding thru the muck but ok. Your a liar Russell, i havent yet recieved all my money and i did post here when my money hit the bank. But i havent gotten all of it. Most importantly i havent been vindicated. Russell why dont you answer about the person with 21 real money users accounts i caught a few days before the "complaints" started. Is it you? Are you the person with friends on the outside doing this? I dunno. Russell i have no problems playing elsewhere i can win anywhere. I wasnt aware that PP software was so primitive. So much more is offered at EVERY Single site ive checked out. This has gone beyond playing. I truely hope this can be resovled.

thanks,

MRV
Old 05-30-2004, 04:20 PM

Default Re: From Pacific Poker\'s Operations Department

[ QUOTE ]
This is simply not true. Russell you want to bring this here. GREAT. the only problem will be weeding thru the muck but ok. Your a liar Russell, i havent yet recieved all my money and i did post here when my money hit the bank. But i havent gotten all of it. Most importantly i havent been vindicated. Russell why dont you answer about the person with 21 real money users accounts i caught a few days before the "complaints" started. Is it you? Are you the person with friends on the outside doing this? I dunno. Russell i have no problems playing elsewhere i can win anywhere. I wasnt aware that PP software was so primitive. So much more is offered at EVERY Single site ive checked out. This has gone beyond playing. I truely hope this can be resovled.

thanks,

MRV

[/ QUOTE ]

All I have to say is Russell didn't bring this here, you did.