Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Official Day 7 Friday WSOP FINAL TABLE thread

Hello all,

I am a fairly new 2+2er, very knew to this section of the forum. I have scanned through a few posts re the WSOP and Greg Raymer who I assume is part of the 2+2 community. I have also gathered that he's from the Northeast and is a regular at Foxwoods. Did he qualify through an online site? What is his 2+2 name? If someone could direct me to a previous thread or give me some answers to my dumb questions I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

-secada
Old 05-28-2004, 03:26 PM

sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but did anyone other than the 4 PokerStars players qualify online? (yes, I know, Greg isn't "just" a pokerstars player and he would have bought in anyway - don't flame me)
Old 05-28-2004, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

I am a fairly new 2+2er, very knew to this section of the forum. I have scanned through a few posts re the WSOP and Greg Raymer who I assume is part of the 2+2 community. I have also gathered that he's from the Northeast and is a regular at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup

[ QUOTE ]
Did he qualify through an online site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars, but he was going to be there regardless. He just did it cheaper. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
What is his 2+2 name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg (Fossilman)

[ QUOTE ]
If someone could direct me to a previous thread or give me some answers to my dumb questions I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

-secada

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:34 PM

Cardplayer referred to Greg as a professional poker player. I guess they're going to represent him as a mainstream pro...it's good to see that they're recognizing the fact that he has cashed in big tournaments before and is an excellent player.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:35 PM

I believe all the other online qualifiers are out.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:38 PM

are they playing again yet? any news?
Old 05-28-2004, 03:46 PM

Greg has a great deal of talent that he has clearly exhibited in various tournaments and ring games. But most importantly he has been willing to share his knowledge with us, and when he has done so virtually no one has contradicted advice he has given (which says a lot on these forums). The manner in which he provides advice is exceptional as well. I can't recall him ever berating other posters. Nor do his postings feel as if he is taking a superior or condensending tone (I wish I could keep these elements out of my own postings). This is on top of being able to clearly explain very subtle points of strategy in just a few sentences.

I remember when I first started playing no-limit. I was in a tourney and had raised 3xBB from the CO with AQs and had the button move all-in (this was early in the tourney). My feeling had been that I couldn't let people push me around, and that my starting cards were pretty good, so I called. The button showed AA (I lost of course). I posted this hand in the NL forum and Greg explained nicely why I made a bad call. He was probably the only poster that didn't call me an idiot.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:55 PM

No, Williams, McClain, Dean, and our hero are all PS qualifiers.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Showing the bluff

Terrific post
Old 05-28-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: The BIO\'s

[ QUOTE ]

"Mclain is perhaps best known for having his face shown literally hundred of times nationally on television as the "AGONY OF DEFEAT" shot, during ESPN's repeated World Series of Poker boradcasts last year"

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost went nuts when I read this. I saw "AGONY OF DEFEAT" and thought you were referring to the skier who crashed every week on ABC's Wild World of Sports. If that guy were at the final table, I think I'd root for him over Greg.