Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Poker flash cards

I want to make some poker flash cards to help me study. I want to put things like starting hands and percentages and other things relative to Hold'em. Such as;
How many outs are there to (insert hand here) with 2 cards to come?
with 1 card to come?
But this is all stuff I can easily find just skimming through any 2+2 book. [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="red"> </font> I was hoping that I could get some people to post other great flashcard ideas ranging from begginer to advanced to help me out. <font color="red"> </font> [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] If I can get a decent amount of cards made I will make them available to anyone who wants them, within reason.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Poker flash cards

You can buy them - visit
pokerflashcards.com to learn more.
they retail for $9.99, and have 52 lessons for Hold 'Em

Anyone looking for more information can e-mail neverbluffs at hotmail dot com
Old 05-27-2004, 03:52 PM

That's great. Much easier that what I was gonna do. How many total cards are there? Has anyone seen these before? Does anyone have any reviews of these cards? 10 bucks sounds like a great deal.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:26 AM

this is a waste of time. Poker is too dynamic to be summed up in a deck of 52 flash cards. Besides that, what exactly are you hoping to have on the cards? The number of outs? Dude, there are so many things that can add/subtract your outs that you will memorize the flash cards before they become helpful to you. If you are hoping to become a poker genius overnight, it ain't gonna happen. How about you do it like everyone else and play the game and count your outs as you go. I would not spend 10$ on 52 hold 'em "lessons", i would spend another 10-15$ and get a real book and study the game.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:15 AM

when i first started, i went through the opening chapter of hpfap and made position notes. I copied all the hands i could play from EP, MP, LP, and the blinds. I also printed off an odds sheet that shows your odds based on how many outs you have. After reading WLLP, i added onto my notes. Its not so much for reference during a game, more as a reminder of what i want my playing standards to be, although i do still look to see what my odds of hitting trips on the turn are everytime i have pocket ducks.

peace

john nickle
Old 05-28-2004, 09:18 AM

i jsut bought a book in PDF format for 10, it has all the % of outs with 2 and 1 card left and al lthe % to win with every combination of pocket card. Ill forward it to you if you want if you want to split the cost.