Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2004, 02:00 AM

Default JJ with position

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Table is loose and mostly passive. SB hasn't gotten out of line, BB is terrible (called two cold with T2o) and UTG+2 is really loose (have seen him limp K9o UTG, seeing more than 30% of flops).

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

SOP.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Can't fold this for one bet against these guys and I'll try to get it HU. So much for that.

Turn: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Check through? When I have two cold callers and another caller I was in fold to a be mode. I guess I'll take the free card. Any reason to bet this against three players?

River: (8.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB folds, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Any of you guys bet this?

All comments appreciated.

Mike

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between UTG+2, Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 8h 4h (high card, ace).
UTG+2 shows Th 6h (high card, ace).
Hero shows Js Jh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-26-2004, 02:09 AM

Default Re: JJ with position

Hey RcrdBoy,
Pf, like you said, SOP. Like the flop raise. Turn, hmmmm, I'm not sure, but I prolly check it through also. On the river, when it is checked to you, I'm not sure what to do (or think). I've been getting chk/raised a lot on the river, and have been missing value bets when a scare card falls, so I may not be the best one to advise you on this. I think the correct play is to bet, but I would prolly check it through also.

-Jaran