Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Re: btw

Thank You. I have held my tounge, but since you bring it up, here are some more facts:

"Slim" hasn't really made any money for a long time, and
predictably enough, He is involved in a messy divorce.

He just published a autobiography-type book, that hit the best seller list for a while. All of a sudden, the dry spell is over, the book royality money is coming in.

Now divorcing Wife has dragged out some child abuse charges that supposedly happened many years ago. Why so silent for so long?

Gee, is the first time money and divorce has led to child abuse accusations?

Since I don't directly know any of the people or facts, I will withhold my JUDGEMENT until the final verdict is rendered from the proper authorities.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Day One (Part Two) WSOP

[ QUOTE ]

does anyone else think it is odd that it is so difficult to get quality coverage of the WSOP.
a few sites are giving various accounts on what is happening....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's out of the ordinary. You're talking about 1300 players on a given day. Over 100 tables and many, many stories to write. There's bound to be some mistakes made in the handling of chip counts and bad beats.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:29 PM

Well written.

It really disgusts me how virtually anybody can make a totally baseless claim against another and before the accuser is ever tried in a court of law, the accused has already been convicted in the the court of public opinion.

I don't know Slim, I've never met him and like many of you, all I know is what I've read about him. Guilty or inocent, I will hold my judgement until the man has had his day in court.

I pray to god, I am never wrongly accused of a crime in this country.

Bubbagump
Old 05-24-2004, 12:50 PM

does anyone else think it is odd that it is so difficult to get quality coverage of the WSOP

last year there was PPV available through binion's. if people wanted good coverage they (rightfully so) had to pay the source organizers. this year espn has commited to triple the programming hours that they provided last year, and they got this exclusive by contracting with harrah's. espn has a monetary reason to restrict opposing coverage because they shelled out a ton of money to exclusively televise this event. press passes are still issued, but the press is unable to even get close to the tables and have to rely on the TD and others telling them what is "really" going on. the limited movement of all press except espn is causing the errors, delays and poor coverage. however, espn has paid for the rights to this event and if you were an espn shareholder i think you would be happy that nobody else can get their shiit together.

we will see it all, but we just have to wait for a ton of editing, packaging and marketing. other than 20,000 or so hard core fans, most of the millions of new poker fans out there could give a crap that it is happening now and are perfectly content waiting for the tv coverage. we are like a school of piranhas searching every pond, looking for a dribble of blood, and we want it NOW. the rest of the world is schooling around looking for under $2/gallon gas, and hoping that we can go 24 hours without losing soldiers.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:07 PM

i haven't seen it yet but i read on their site that www.gutshot.co.uk is "... in downtown Las Vegas to bring you unrivalled coverage of the $10,000 Championship Event of the World Series of Poker 2004. This year we'll have even more player interviews, more chip updates, more PlayerWatch and exclusive hand for hand broadcast of the final table."

(gutshot tries to steer you through their gateway to 24hpoker, i believe)
Old 05-24-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: What about Poul Phillips?

You can read about his early exit here.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:32 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Gutshot has a lot of pictures, but they have been having problems updating news. They usually come in big bunches hours apart.

Pokervoice.com has been the best so far.

William
Old 05-24-2004, 02:41 PM

Yeah, Slim seems like a good decent guy. As long as no "m*****f****** jews" keep him from his kiddy rape.

Amarillo Slim Slur Story
Old 05-24-2004, 02:46 PM

How come no reports on Steven Punk at the WSOP?

He's the guy they play the trumpets for before he enters the room.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:01 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked...but when will ESPN start televising the event?