Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Re: A hand that I thought was interesting

Don't wait until the turn. What if you get some yahoo with a bigger stack and more to lose to lay down a tying hand or major draw like bottom set? Plus they may have duplicate draws, such that you want both to call. And are you steeled for any card on the turn? Will you lay down if a Q or J or 7 hits or the board pairs and a really tight player leads, potentially incorrectly giving up your pot? Naw. Pot's too big. Just get it in there.

Matt
Old 05-20-2004, 05:58 PM

I'm pushing in here between heartbeats. If he has QJ, good for him. But I can get called here by a lot of hands that the other player has the DO NOT BEAT ME here. Its a draw infested board and I'm getting my money in NOW when i do have the edge.

I don't think its even close, the money's going in on the turn regardless because of the pot size, just push it in now.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:41 PM

Good point scrub. I hadn't looked at the hand that closely, and a flush draw would be quite possible, especially considering that these guys are probably stupid enough to call a raise with any ostensibly good-looking suited hand, such as Kx or maybe some connectors. Therefore, your fear of a flush draw is understandable. However, do you think that any of these players would be advanced enough to notice that a flush draw has been completed on the board, and that it might be a good opportunity to bluff at it?
Just another thought.
Thanks, Andrew