Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Glacier jogger bit by grizzly

If you are willing to trade the beauty of the Western US wilderness for a TV or a wall then go ahead. I don't know any stats but my guess is that a jogger in Glacier Park has a higher likleyhood of being hurt driving to the Park (or work or the gym) than getting attacked in the park.

While we have a forum to post about interesting animal sitings...

I was on my first trip to visit my friends in Anchorage (it was the middle of January 'cause I'm a snowboarder). It was time to go home, about an hour and a half before my flight, and I go to load my bags in my buddies car. A moose had walked right into their front yard in the middle of the city and just sat down. Moose are pretty agresssive compared to most wild animals so I kept my distance and just stared in disbelief, I hadn't seen one all trip. There were other people following it up the street with a video camera, I couldn't believe it. About 5 minutes later someone came, must have been a ranger or animal control or something and tranquilized it. I made my flight and got to go home with a good story to tell all the people who wanted me to mind my own business on the plane.