Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2004, 09:28 AM

Default Cesars Indiana Tourney

Has anyone ever played any of the poker tourney's at Cesar's Indiana? I have played in thier room before, but never in a tourney. I will be playing in the Memorial Day (May 31) tourney and was just curious as to the basics, starting chip count, blind increases, level times, that sort of thing. Also I would like to know if anyone has ever done any good at them. With the typical level of Cesar's competition they should be fairly soft, and I'm not sure the money is enough to lure away the decent players.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Cesars Indiana Tourney

I called and got some information. It's a rebuy tourney, starting chips are 500, unlimited rebuys for the first hour with an additional addon at the end. The guy I spoke to (I don't think it was the emporer himself) didn't know the blinds, but rounds are 20 minutes, and the entire final table pays out. I'll try to post a report when I get back.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:36 PM

I'm curious how it goes. I live in Louisville and haven't ventured over there yet myself. How are the regular games there?
Old 05-21-2004, 02:41 PM

Everything I've played has been very soft. If you play online its very similar to the 1-2 or 2-4 tables at party. The highest I've ever played at Cesars is 10-20, which I don't play a lot due to bankroll, but was good the night I sat and always looks good. The 15-30 looks tough, I've never sat, and I've never played or watched NL there so I don't have any input. Overall, the games are very beatable, and I have a lot more fun in person than at a monitor.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:36 PM

The rake is steep 10% up to $6 (the $6 may be a weekend only thing) and the people aren't very pleasant there. I too live in Louisville and prefer driving to Tunica. The low limit games are soft. Comparing to the online $1/$2 games is generous. I think they're more like the .25/.50 games (7 to a flop is not uncommon at all). Despite this, I still don't like it there.

However, the tourneys sound like a good deal. I haven't had a chance to play, but I understand that they pay out %100. This may have changed. I'll probably try to be there next Monday since I'll be off.