Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 06:01 AM

Default 100% bonus up to 500$?

Hi guys

Just got an email from desert poker with this promo.
Does anyone know anything about this site?
Old 05-20-2004, 06:35 AM

Default Re: 100% bonus up to 500$?

I am sorry I know some of the 'behind the scenes stuff', no way they will make it offering that.. deposit at risk! Collusion and chip dumper haven! No joke.

Regards,
Ryan Lanane
Marketing Director
NutzPoker.com
Old 05-20-2004, 06:42 AM

Default Nutz, why are you slamming another site?

[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry I know some of the 'behind the scenes stuff', no way they will make it offering that.. deposit at risk! Collusion and chip dumper haven! No joke.

Regards,
Ryan Lanane
Marketing Director
NutzPoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Nutz,

I am appealing to you right now. Do NOT come in here and trash other sites. This is a sure way to get banned. You are a representative of a site. Show some class. Not a smart move.

No, I am not affiliated in any way with ANY site. And if this is the type of people that are hired by NUTZ, I won't be playing there either. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2004, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Nutz, why are you slamming another site?

Stage,
When I am representing NP.. I attach my signature. If I am simply posting as a member of the two plus two community I do not. I assure you many two plus two members will agree with my recomendation, an offer like this is seriously unfeasible. Even if Party Poker themselves were to offer it there would be constant restrictions on cashouts due to suspected chip dumping, player's accounts would be banned for allegedly being partof a group of players abusing the bonus (even though they aren't) simply because they won the bonus money that was offered to other players.

Someone suggested the site I promote offered a $50.00 free no strings signup bonus in another thread (do your own digging, I am not promoting at this point) and it was brought up at even a MEAGER $50.00 !!!! There was a site that went under due to this offer.

You guys can judge me as you will, but I post here as a player and as a promoter. You can tell the difference by when my signature is attached. I learned quickly how I should distinguish the two, attach my signature if it is bsiness or includes my knowledge of that business... If not I don't attach my sigature. As a player, if NP was not even open I would of made this same exact post.

If you can tell me you are aware of bonus structures, why sites offer them, and the benefits of offering them. Then go on and explain how a new site can offer a 100% match deposit on $500.00, please do so in full detail including your knowledge of chargeback percentages, processing fees, and the various other charges poker sites incur. Until then please do not try to come down on me as SO MANY of you do.

You will not drive me off this forumn by you presumptious accusations of my constant promotion or some of the other issues which have arosen. I simply don't respond to that material until the time is appropriate.

Although, yes I am the maketing dirctor for NP - I am also a PLAYER. And I feel my input as a player for LONGER then 80 - 90% of you have played on-line should be valuable input. You may feel it is biased as I am involved with another poker site, see what my last 5 posts involved! PLEASE tell me after looking into this that I am trying to knock down competition (which I don't even know or CARE who this company is - if they can pull it off and prove it I WOULD SIGN UP MYSELF! But not until they prove it to 100's of players who have cashed out)

I am sorry if every time I make a post you have to presume it is associated with me marketing a site, there is nothing I can do about that. Please read my last 20 post and then reply to this response.

For christ sake, I talk about the past tournaments I played at Paradise and I also mention a hand history I would like input on Stage! you guys really need to get over this stuff! There are very few posters here who have nay problem with the way I handle myself on a daily basis. The ones that do are the ones that literally feel this forumn is THEIR LIFE!

As sad as it is I spend an average of 3 - 4 hours a day reading through old archives on this forum, reloading and waiting for replies on subjects that interest me, and trying to find any material who may be beneficial to me as a poker player.

Stage you and everyone else who complains about me need to chill out! Had I not made that post, would you of even posted anything? Do you think someone would of eventually came along besides me and say "Avoid that site", just as they did about the site I have been known to market? Did I reply to THOSE THREADS, bring on constant fritction, argumentation, or cause the arise of any problems due to my posts that either answered questions relationg to the site I was promotng or simply posted an offered regarding it.

I am posting this as a player defending my rights to KEEP posting here as a PLAYER. I am completely impartial, I speak about tournaments at InterTops, Paradise, Party, Stars! All the major sites! You guys really need to relax a little bit and make this site what it is about, talking about poker. Truth be told, ANYONE but me or anyone affiliated with another poker site made that post there would be no problems at all. Actually, simply put, anyone but me!

But because I work for another site on the side I am not allowed to post my opinion as a player?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys can judge me as you will, but I post here as a player and as a promoter. You can tell the difference by when my signature is attached. I learned quickly how I should distinguish the two, attach my signature if it is bsiness or includes my knowledge of that business... If not I don't attach my sigature. As a player, if NP was not even open I would of made this same exact post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nutz,

I don't care how you phrase it. Your signature was attached to this post as MD of NUTZ Poker. Your capacity as Marketing Director makes you a representative of that site. A representative of one site should not be bashing another. If you would like to post as a player and post such information it is a simple matter to make another user name for that purpose. Posters do that all of the time. I agree with you that care should be taken at a new site...ANY new site, even yours. My complaint is not with what you had to say, I happen to agree with you. It is that you were commenting on another site period.

[ QUOTE ]
There are very few posters here who have nay problem with the way I handle myself on a daily basis. The ones that do are the ones that literally feel this forumn is THEIR LIFE!

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally have had no problems with you marketing your site here...good luck to you. I also really don't post all that much. I have been on over a year and have yet to reach 1000 posts...less than 3 per day. You are actually averaging about the same number. Oh yeah...I live in Central IL as well. So my life consists of watching the same corn and beans grow as you. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2004, 09:07 AM

Nutz I'm with Stage on this one. I know you're right about the site but as a representative you just mustn't bash other sites. Imagine if the Gamingclub guy joins in on the "Pacific collusion" thread, and tells player to stay the hell away. If you want to warn players just create another account.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:16 AM

Ryan, I haven't read any of your previous posts, but this one certainly didn't seem like spamming. Still, I have a few questions about why you think Desert Poker has an irresponsible bonus policy. Would you mind sharing the reasons why you think this bonus is not feasable?

Since the bonus releases incrementally, chip dumping does not seem like it would be a factor. Also, they seem to use a very conservative bonus structure whereby they pay out only a % of the contributed rake. While this structure does not make this a particularly attractive bonus for players, it seems the site will be making money even as players are working off their bonuses. I also didn't know that chargebacks were a factor when players deposit through methods web-wallets like Neteller.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although, yes I am the maketing dirctor for NP - I am also a PLAYER.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, I bet you are a PLAYER. that's why you have to work as a marketing director - to support your poker habit. (a losing one, that is)

[ QUOTE ]

But because I work for another site on the side I am not allowed to post my opinion as a player?

[/ QUOTE ]

you clueless bonehead. This might be valid if you didn't post your companies signature at the end of your post.

all your doing is making a case for people here not to play on nutz..

go away, or get some common sense..
Old 05-20-2004, 09:50 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

How dare you comment on other sites?
You have been spamming this forum for months now, offering bonuses, tourneys atc.. and NOTHING of what you have said has seen the light of day.

The only thing you achieve by making these promisses you don't keep is drawing attention to your crap site.
There are over 100 other sites out there, the chances you are honest or have a slight chance of surviving are microscopic. Anybody depositing anything at your site would be a fool, especially after the show you have been putting in this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

William
Old 05-20-2004, 10:08 AM

I am actually fairly neutral on this whole subject.

That being said, I have seen people get banned for next to nothing. This fellow posts all kinds of offers for his site, the website adsress in his sig and his icon in the site as well. I am not saying he should be banned, just that some of the others should *not *have been.

Josie Wales