Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 01:19 AM

Default Critique this hand

5-handed pokerroom.com 2/4 game. Hero (applej25) on the button with (Ks,Kh). All players are loose and likely to have any hand.

PRE-FLOP
utg calls $2, utg+1 bets $4, applej25 bets $6, sb calls $5, bb folds, utg calls $4, utg+1 bets $4, applej25 calls $2, sb calls $2, utg calls $2.

FLOP [board cards KD,10S,JD ]
sb checks, utg checks, utg+1 bets $2, applej25 calls $2,
sb calls $2, utg calls $2.

TURN [board cards KD,10S,JD,2S ]
sb checks, utg checks, utg+1 bets $4, applej25 bets $8,
sb calls $8, utg folds, utg+1 calls $4.

RIVER [board cards KD,10S,JD,2S,8C ]
sb checks, utg+1 checks, applej25 bets $4, sb bets $8, utg+1 folds, applej25 calls $4.

Results to come.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Critique this hand

I'd guess that the SB has Q9 and for some reason waited 'til the river was all clear to make a raise. Even though you flopped a big hand, it's still a dangerous board. I'd have raised the flop in a 4 way pot and see if I get 3-bet to have a better idea of what they might hold. Even though you're almost definately ahead on the flop(only AQ and Q9 can beat you), you still have to forget slowplaying and get extra bets in on the flop. Just my thoughts.
-Andy
Old 05-18-2004, 04:30 AM

I agree with Vagos, their is a possible straight and flush draw so I would have re-reraised the flop instead of waiting for the turn.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:51 PM

The small blind showed pocket (8,8) and i won the pot set over. I realized that someone might have flopped the straight but didnt consider it likely. I wanted to keep the limpers in on the flop because once they got to the turn they usually stayed for the river.

The sb was just calling along the whole time so i did think Q9 was a possibillity, but i didnt really fear an AQ especially when UTG+1 did not reraise the turn.