Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 04:39 PM

Default UB bankroll questions

Hey everyone,
I wanted to get some comments on my online poker plan. I play at UB, and I orginally deposited just $25. I luckily built that up a little and started playing .25/.50. My plan is this:
When my bankroll reaches 300 big bets ($150), I would move up to the next limit. This would give me 150 big bets at the .50/1. If I dropped below $150, I would go back to .25/.50. I would build my bankroll up 300 big bets again ($300) and move up and so on and so on. I know everyone says you need 300 big bets to even start a certain game, but If I'm willing back down a level in order to protect my bankroll, is there a problem with what I'm doing?

Also, have any other UBers out there seen a dramatic change in results in jumping from the .25/.50 game to the .50/1 game? I haven't logged too many hours at it yet (about 30), but I can't seem to earn anything at that game. But I was beating the .25/.50 game pretty handily over 200 hours or so. I hope it is just a bad streak, but I was just curious if anyone else saw that dramatic a change in competition in those levels. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:25 PM

Default Re: UB bankroll questions

your plan sounds fine, and it sounds very similar to what i did when i began playing on UB. i started with 37 dollars on the .25/.50 tables and moved up when i had roughly 300 on the .25/.50 tables and I continued with the same basic formula, except now im playing 1/2 and about to move up to 2/4. as i moved up i honestly found that the players didnt seem to change all that much (but i had also gotten better earning all those BBs). in my experience at UB you only absolutely *need* 300 BB if youre in a horrible slump.

weird, when i first moved up to .50/1, i lost nearly all my bankroll, but when i looked back at my play, i realized i was just getting horribly unlucky - my opponents werent, for the most part, outplaying me by any means. if you were winning at .25/.50, you should be able to beat .50/1, because the players arent that much better, if any, in my experience.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:56 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I think it was 'gamblor' that had a great way of moving up. I cant remember which thread it's in.

basically, you save up 300BB + a session buy in for the next limit. Play the sessin buy in only at that limit. He explained it more in detail. I thought it was pretty cool way of doing it.

b
Old 05-14-2004, 01:10 AM

As long as you can take a hit and still sit down at the lower limit and get healthy again you should go for it. Dogmeat
Old 05-15-2004, 10:37 PM

I have been playing at UB just like you have, I've even sat at a few tables with you. I moved up to a .50/$1 tables also and haven't done as well. My play hasn't changed, just my luck, I seem to get rivered alot more on the .50/1.00 tables and experience alot more bad beats, it's very frustrating. I thought it was just me experiencing this.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:52 AM

Default Link

Re: Professional Players please: Grinding it back, experiences requested