Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars screwed up and gave me an extra $200

Do the right thing, you shouldn't need anyone to tell you that. Doing anything other than reporting it is bad karma.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:16 PM

Man that's an old version of that community chest card... the current ones have Pennybags jumping for joy when the bank hands him money through a teller cage.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:57 PM

Default It seems like we have come to a consensus...

people who work for pokerstars on here want you to give it back even though i imagine it makes much less of a difference to the site than it does to you.

rj
Old 05-18-2004, 12:02 AM

At the first poker site I played at (which will remain nameless), before I had Neteller, I requested a check withdrawal for around $320. I Got it, and then 3 days later got another one for the same amount. I deposited it then wrote out a $320 check to my old grade school when they had their carnival/fund raising thing.

I even got my name in their newsletter they sent out!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:46 AM

Little did they know they had a shady off-shore enterprise, possibly the mafia, to thank.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:45 AM

At Stars I would always let support know about the error. They run a good show and I think they deserve it. Sites like partypoker.....Id say consider it a fee for the time in the future where you showdown the winning hand and the pot gets pushed to someone else for a few hundred bucks.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:39 AM

Hi guys,

NETeller screwed up - so what might be happening is that a whole batch of cashouts may be reversed (even the ones that were not duplicated) and then we will re-credit everyone manually... stoopid computers... never do as we want, but always do as they are told.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:13 AM

interesting.

thanks for the info.

i was kind of wondering what was up with stars' cashouts.
i cashed out for $800 from stars late Thurs-night / early Fri-morn and i didnt receive until late Monday. not terribly alarming i guess....and i assume cash-outs may take longer over the weekend.

also, a lot of my stars cashouts keep coming back in different increments which i guess saves them money (by reversing the initial deposit or something).
for example, my latest $800 withdraw hit my neteller as $650 + $150 + $50.

one time i cleared out my stars account of $684 or something and it came back as $580 and $100...the remaining $4 was reversed back into my stars acct. stars supposrt gave a reasonable explanation of my previous deposit-sizes having something to do with it...i just thougth it was kind of funny.

my party or empire transactions hit my neteller account within 12 hours and sometimes faster....but stars frequently takes 3 days or longer. really doesn't make THAT much of a difference though...just found it especially interesting since most of us agree that Stars support is generally superior to party.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:17 AM

Reminds me of a funny thing that happened last December.

My year contract with SprintPCS ended, so they sent my initial deposit back, twice. They mailed me two checks for the amount of the deposit, then charged my account for the second check and immediately closed my account because of the negative balance.

I didn't get it re-opened until January because every time I called and used my account info, I got automated billing. When I finally got through to a human, no one had a clue what was wrong or how to fix it, usually they'd just explain that I had a huge negative account balance and try to get me to pay it.

Of course after a few weeks the two checks arrived and it all became clear. I thought it was a funny story.. maybe not..
Old 05-18-2004, 10:16 AM

Same thing happened to me at ACR. They gave me 2 $250 transfers with Paypal (yeah long time ago). I returned it primarily becasue I figured I would take more from the site than the $250. This happened right after they confiscated Oddtipset's money so taking the money did cross my mind. However, they had the best promos back then and the $250 wasn't worth it.