Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: KK Hand

That screams over pair. Maybe AK hearts.

I'd call and see what the turn brings....Bet out the pot if nothing terrible (A or heart comes).
Old 05-14-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: KK Hand

Thanks for the replies.

I personally thought for sure he had an overpair, but lower than my kings, and thought I was a lock to win this. Only possible hands that could beat me were 66 and 44 in my opinion. I figured my image would be that of a LAG hopefully, and that he would put me on high cards. Therefore, I pushed. He called. Turn was 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and river T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and he flipped over the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the flopped trips.

I'm not sure if I could have gotten away from this hand, as there were many hands that I am definitely ahead of. The question is, am I putting myself in a position where only a better hand will call me. I guess not, as many draws would call, but on Pokerstars would they play back at me without a monster?

I like how my opponent played his hand. I guess he figured if he caught the flop right, he could take me for all my money with those huge implied odds. And he did just that.

Biggest pot I've ever lost. Just hope it doesn't happen too often.