Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Granny? Is FANTASIA worth $37? LA TOYA is up to $60. n/m

http://www.wsex.com/market/AMER-IDOL2004.html

Old 05-13-2004, 01:35 AM

I could sell at 51 @ tradesports now. What's your plan? Ride her until the end or sell now or...?

If you plan on keeping this info private, that's cool too, could you just respond saying "private" so I know you read this?

Thanks, and great call.

-Bottles
Old 05-13-2004, 01:46 AM

can't sell her for only 47. i would only make a bit over 8 points on my average. she will get a massive boost next week. diana cannot win it against fantasia, and the difference in their talent will hit everyone like a ton of bricks next week now that latoya is out of mix. if she BIDS 65 or greater next wednesday after result show, i dump her. if not i just wait the week and make even more. i think the downside risk is nil here and the market will adjust. if not, good for me cuz i will be forced to hold for the 1 pay.

Old 05-13-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Boooya - I picked p ten contracts and am holding

Dont sell...no way hawaii 5-0 makes it next week....you will see a large aggressive upheavel...just like when jennifer hudson was voted off...the next week ole red hit the door. Sympathetic favorites can only go one week at a time...because everyone realizes that someone else was robbed and law and order is restored. Also, Fantasia will pick up most of London's votes. Hold - and only sell next week if it hits 80+

Thanks for the tip granny!!!

Bubs
Old 05-13-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Boooya - I picked p ten contracts and am holding

Well, i bought 67 Fantasia's on tuesday afternoon at an average price of ~37 (didn't know big orders only partial filled for price adjustment, dangit), singlehandedly raising the overall price 8 points, lol. That said, when out with the wife Wed night and seeing the travesty, I thought fantasia was gonna be at 75-80, and was gonna take the quick scalp, but was surprised to see almost 60% of Latoya's value going to Diana, and both Diana and Jasmine getting a bigger bump than Fantasia! Now, given the results from last night alone, that's not surprising, but the big picture should be much clearer. Granny already posted about it, but I said immediately after seeing FB and LL in the bottom 2 that as long as FB lives on, this is the best possible scenario for her, that once agin FB fans will be galvanized as ROOOben's were last year when he hit bottom 2 once.
Yes, in AI voter's bizarro world, many strange things happen, but given that i'd only make about an average of $10 per contract if i sold, market-averaged, it's forcing me to stick with Fantasia through to the end. I'd take 75-80 though, as a guaranteed winner, if I could, but I only see her getting that high vs JT in the final show, and if JT gets there, I can't put it past the AI voters to blow it once again.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Boooya - I picked p ten contracts and am holding

I thought fantasia was gonna be at 75-80,

i never expected it to be that high. i was hoping for a 70 bid, but would have happily locked up at 65 for all the reasons you mentioned. i completely forgot, but i had 10 diana's from last month and they have just been sold. i got them at $5. i am astounded at the price she is selling for.

unlikely your 67 contracts moved the market that much on their own. are you saying you got an execution of 67, and the next bid was instantly 8 points higher? what did you put in for? 100 contracts at once? oye. shoulda done them in lots of 20 over a couple of days.

anyway, the 67 will get you nice return. was that karaoke money?