Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 09:39 AM

Default KTs 5/10 SH Value raise on the draw

I'm trying to take advantage of value raises more in drawing situations. How did I do here?

BB is very good, player to my immediate left can be aggressive and has won some hands of late, but both fold pre-flop here. Others are typical/unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: ResidentParanoid T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, ResidentParanoid calls, CO folds, Button raises, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, ResidentParanoid calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, ResidentParanoid checks, Button bets, SB raises, UTG calls, ResidentParanoid 3-bets, Button caps, SB calls, UTG calls, ResidentParanoid calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB bets, UTG calls, ResidentParanoid raises, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, ResidentParanoid bets, SB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 21.50 BB, between UTG, ResidentParanoid and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by ResidentParanoid (21.50 TEResidentParanoid*****).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 9d Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
UTG shows 2c 8c (flush, jack high).
ResidentParanoid shows Tc Kc (flush, king high).
Outcome: ResidentParanoid wins 21.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-12-2004, 11:37 PM

Default Re: KTs 5/10 SH Value raise on the draw

Its a great flop raise not only for value, but it can help improve your chances of winning with a king.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: KTs 5/10 SH Value raise on the draw

Yes, you're right about the king. I've been trying to get in raises in these situations more often.

If faced with a similar situation on the turn: Say a blank hit on the turn, and checked to button again and have a caller in-between, to you to the right of the button. Would you raise it again?