Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Help rating my game?

Usually you should also raise with TT, AJs, and KQs. I'm sure others will counsel you to do more, but start here.

Make a place for AJo in all unraised pots. Despite some books, you can't be folding this at tables where almost everyone plays all aces (which you dominate). I'd raise but you can limp EP if you want.

Definitely play A9s and KJs UTG. When the table is reasonably passive I also play KTs, QTs, and A8s. Again others may advocate doing even more but start here.

Look for excuses to play pocket pairs more often. Some say 22 is golden UTG. I won't do that but certainly one or two limpers and the sky is the limit. With 3 opponents plus a possible BB I will usually call 1.5 bets cold from the SB. With 4-5 opponents I will usually call 2 bets cold, depending on the details.

Give me a couple limpers and most suited aces, K9s, Q9s, J9s, T9s, and 98s are in. Again, some will suggest doing even more.

I suggest that you add a few hands at a time and see how it goes. Aside from money, playing a little looser is more fun and better experience.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Help rating my game?

Post some hands. I think that is a lot more instructive than trying to figure out your game with statistics.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.