Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 04:57 PM

Default First big Win in a multi and why taking a long break is beneficial

So I entered a $20+2 NLHE tourney today on Stars and finally came away with a win [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. This is my first win in a big NLHE multi (279 entrants), the only other win I had was in a seven card KotZ event.

I really feel that this win has come from me taking a pretty long break after playing most every day for about 5 months. I would play and only take a day off every few weeks or so.
I then suffered a series of bad beats in multis and was generally playing uninspired poker. I took about 2 weeks off and i have come back on a pretty good tear. I have played 2 multis, made the final table in both and won this past one, and I have played 7 sng's and made the money in 4 of them.

During the break, I didn't even think about poker the first week and then during the second week, I really tried to analyze my tournament play. Over the past two months I had made the money in several but was always making some major mistake towards the end which cost me the chance to win. From this look at my game, I added more aggression yet I also have made a conscious effort to be more patient as well.

Anyway, to wrap up this post, both of these factors really payed off today as my agression helped me build a good stack in the beginning and then my patience helped me comeback from being down to 5000 in chips with about 20 players to go and then comeback for the win.

Sorry for the long post, but I figured it might help someone whose game might be suffering to let them know to take a long break and then comeback to play some inspired, winning poker.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Default Re: First big Win in a multi and why taking a long break is beneficial

Nice one.

Btw I saw you were playing and said hi, you never answered and I want to know why goddamnit, why!?!?

Congrats again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2004, 05:13 PM

Was it close to a break? sorry for not saying hey back, i'll make up for it by saying hey now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]!

thanks for the congrats, i appreciate it.

adam
Old 05-12-2004, 05:17 PM

Congrats!

That first big multi win sure does feel good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Many more to come!