Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which 2/4 game would you choose?
Table 1: Average Pot: $18, Players/Flop: 36% 20 76.92%
Table 2: Average Pot: $26, Players/Flop: 26% 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2004, 11:44 AM

Default GC wants to send a Zoo rep to the GC WPC - anyone interested?

Given the feedback on this topic thus far (see here for the most recent thread, including a response to Stagemusic's question about the EV of this idea), here's what we're proposing:

Two SnG's (open only to pre-registered Zoo players) will run continuously (i.e. start whenever they fill up):[*] one 10-seater priced at $25+$0[*] one 5-seater priced at $50+$0

The tables will continue to run until $10k in buy-ins has been collected. If the $10k mark is reached by June 13th, then we'll hold a multi-table event for the 40 SnG winners on June 14th, and the winner of this event will get a seat at the WPC.

If $10k isn't reached by June 13th then we'll leave the tables open until such time as the $10k is reached, and an alternative event will be chosen.

If there is a total lack of interest and it's clear after (say) 2 weeks that nowhere near $10k in buy-ins is going to materialize then we'll pay out the winners of the individual SnG's according the standard SnG payout schedule.

To recap, the prizes will be as follows:[*] Winner of each SnG will get his/her buy-in (i.e. either $25 or $40) back[*] Each winner goes forward to the final multi-table event (40 seats)[*] Winner of the final event gets a seat at the GC WPC ($12k value - see here) + $1k cash

The losing final event players will share in the winnings, if any, of the Zoo player at the GC WPC as follows (assuming there is broad agreement that these percentages make sense):
[*] 2nd place at final table: 8%[*] 3rd place: 5%[*] 4th place: 2%[*] 5th - 40th: 0.5% [*] total Zoo share: 33%

So is this attractive enough to run with, or should we can the whole idea?
Old 05-11-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: GC wants to send a Zoo rep to the GC WPC - anyone interested?

[ QUOTE ]
Winner of each SnG will get his/her buy-in (i.e. either $25 or $40) back

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean 25 and 50$ back for the 10 and 5 player SnG's?
In that case the 10 player Sng generates 225$ and the 50$ 5 player Sng generates 200$, this is not equal.

Also, I would like the Zoo share to be 50%, if I won this tourney it would be a pleasure to share half with the other Zoo-contestants. 8% for 2nd 4% for 3rd 2% for 4th and 1% to the field. (all payable to TGC account)

Another thing is that I am long awaiting a deposit bonus on TGC, good time to run that promotion now, so I can deposit some money there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ToT
Old 05-11-2004, 03:21 PM

Do we have to wear Zoo hats and jackets?

I'd rather not be associated with daryn.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:48 PM

Do we have to wear Zoo hats and jackets?

You have two options:

Item #1 <Looks best in the Basic Raglan (White/Black)>

Item #2 <Looks best in the Basic Ringer (Grey/Red)>

ZOO!!!!

-- Homer
Old 05-11-2004, 03:55 PM

I love the idea of a small group of players going for a seat at a major - count me in! I have no problem with the SnG's - but since there is a small number that will be playing, we all might have to agree that they will go most likely at a certain time, otherwise I can see myself sitting alone at a SnG table for many hours............I think the 33% is just right, 25% would be fine - I would not be interested in playing at a 50% refund to the other 9 table winners, that is too much. AL
Old 05-11-2004, 04:13 PM

Two SnG's (open only to pre-registered Zoo players) will run continuously (i.e. start whenever they fill up)

Perhaps if you opened the tables at 8.00pmEST and closed them, (if not playing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), at midnight, this would give focus, and increase the chances that someone wouldn't be sitting alone for twelve hours?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:30 PM

Default The real Zoo uniform

AFDB
Old 05-11-2004, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if you opened the tables at 8.00pmEST and closed them, (if not playing ), at midnight, this would give focus, and increase the chances that someone wouldn't be sitting alone for twelve hours?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with Mike Haven here.

I personally think this sounds great. Your getting a seat, travel, accommodations, and spending money and also the participants get to share in the prize pool.
This is a great way to send a Zoo member to a major tourney and possibly share the wealth. Hell, how many sats have people on this forum played, lost, and sent someone we don't know or even care about to a major event? This is a chance to send one of our own.
I for one am "all in".
Old 05-12-2004, 06:24 AM

Excellent idea. This is a great adjustment to what was proposed earlier. Good luck to all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: The real Zoo uniform

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, AFDBs are stylish and comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamblor, i assume you are wearing one already...