Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2004, 10:27 PM

Default NL vegas info needed.

I am heading out to Vegas on thursday 5/13 for 10 days of 8 ball, and hold'em. I have been lurking here for awhile, and have seen a few posts that talked about some of the NL action in vegas. I am staying at the Orleans, and called them. They told me that they will spread it on demand, its a 200$ min buy-in, and 2 and 5$ blinds. Can you vegas vets give me some info on the other places that are spreading this game. I am intrested in games that are going regularly, and not on the spur of the moment. Can you guys throw some at me..also buy-ins and blinds. Thanks alot and see you at the tables.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:10 PM

Default Re: NL vegas info needed.

I just came back from vegas for the week and played a little NLHE, here are my opinions of the games I played:

Binions $2-$5/no max: Fairly tight game with solid players and small pots at the table I was at. The table behind me seemed much crazier. As in any poker game, the individual players mattered more than anything else. Overall this game was beatable but not that good. They also run a $1-$2 and $5-$10 and probably higher, but I did not try them.

Palms: $2-$5 blinds/$500 max buyin. First table I sat at was super-tight, battle of the blinds, the next game was loose preflop but tight postflop. I did well by potting it frequently preflop and stealing on the flop.

Excalibur: $1-$2 blinds/$100 min/max buyin. This game was great but the small structure didn't interest me very much. It played very much like partypoker, but with more drooling retards. I doubled up twice with 1 pair hands, I was very drunk, but not the drunkest. . .

Golden Nugget: The $2-$5 game looked good, even with the presence of several 2+2ers in it. I did not play in this game.

Sahara: Ran a $1-$2 blind game while I was there. No max buyin and the floorman played (terribly) in it. Good game, but the players seemed so afraid to commit their stacks that you couldn't make too much off it.

Thats all I've got.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just came back from vegas for the week and played a little NLHE, here are my opinions of the games I played:

Binions $2-$5/no max: Fairly tight game with solid players and small pots at the table I was at. The table behind me seemed much crazier. As in any poker game, the individual players mattered more than anything else. Overall this game was beatable but not that good. They also run a $1-$2 and $5-$10 and probably higher, but I did not try them.

Palms: $2-$5 blinds/$500 max buyin. First table I sat at was super-tight, battle of the blinds, the next game was loose preflop but tight postflop. I did well by potting it frequently preflop and stealing on the flop.

Excalibur: $1-$2 blinds/$100 min/max buyin. This game was great but the small structure didn't interest me very much. It played very much like partypoker, but with more drooling retards. I doubled up twice with 1 pair hands, I was very drunk, but not the drunkest. . .

Golden Nugget: The $2-$5 game looked good, even with the presence of several 2+2ers in it. I did not play in this game.

Sahara: Ran a $1-$2 blind game while I was there. No max buyin and the floorman played (terribly) in it. Good game, but the players seemed so afraid to commit their stacks that you couldn't make too much off it.

Thats all I've got.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> sounds like vegas sucks... hard games </font>
Old 05-11-2004, 09:36 AM

I am going to vegas in about 3 weeks as well and would also appreciate any info about the games!