Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: What\'s to do in Vegas for the under 21 crowd?

[ QUOTE ]
if you don't neccesarily look like you are under 21 and walk around like you own the place, the odds of you getting carded at some point decrease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the most important thing. Like I said in my other post in this thread, I'm 24 but look 16, but never got carded once in Vegas for anything. However, I must admit, I do tend to walk around unknowingly with a dont f*ck with me face. I think that may have had a lot to do with it also and trying to fake that may be more difficult than it seems I dont know.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:23 AM

Two people in the same thread that are "24 and don't look a day over 16." Weird.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:53 AM

That is kind of wierd, I didnt read Michael Davis's post until now. Wierd.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:43 AM

18, most people mistake me for 20 so with a little work I could probably look 21 no problem. And, I could probably find a fake i.d. but it wouldn't be a very good one. I don't know what i.d. safeties are, but what if they run it through one of those machines that checks the strip?

Someone told me to find a person that's 21 who would let me use their birth certificate and SS card to go to the DMV and tell them I lost my drivers license, but the consequences with that plan seem a lot more severe than just getting a fake one.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what i.d. safeties are, but what if they run it through one of those machines that checks the strip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then your screwed. You probably wont get arrested, just your id will be confiscated, any chips you have on your person will be confiscated, and you will be removed from the building.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone told me to find a person that's 21 who would let me use their birth certificate and SS card to go to the DMV and tell them I lost my drivers license, but the consequences with that plan seem a lot more severe than just getting a fake one.

[/ QUOTE ]

A better plan is to find someone you know that is 21+ who looks like you that would be willing to go to the dmv thereself and tell them they lost there id and get a new one. Then have them give you the new or old one it doesnt matter. Atleast that way if they do scan the thing in Vegas it is a legit id. You'd just have to pretend to be someone else the whole time your there. Also, I dont know what kind of consequenses you'd be facing if caught. Probably the same as above, if you told them you just found the id on the ground somewhere.

Lie's lie's lie's. Of course, Im not suggesting you do any of this, just giving you your options.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:36 PM

Dude, there's lots of high school chicks running around looking for fun. Have a buddy score some booze and you're off. At least this is what Ulysses told me he does, it he always enjoys his trips to Vegas.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:26 PM

This isn't the response you want, but save your money and wait three years. No way you're going to win down there at the tables while you're looking over your shoulder for the poker room manager the whole time. I just can't imagine it would be fun to sit and worry about getting nabbed at any moment.

If you're content to go there without doing any gambling, you probably could get into some of the clubs. There's always plenty to walk around and see.

Old 05-04-2004, 08:59 PM

I think another big factor is the time of year. My girlfriend and I went over spring break and I got carded at every single blackjack table. I'm 28 and don't look that young, but they were obviously on alert for 20 year-old college kids. Personally I don't think I'd risk a trip unless you are getting great deals on rooms, etc.
That said, I'm going to be in Vegas this weekend. Anyone interested in getting together for some sessions, please pm me.

M
Old 05-05-2004, 10:29 AM

if i were you i would get a fake id, the best kind are friends or brothers that are actually 21 and look similar to you.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:11 PM

I am surprised noone else has said this. Forget about fake IDs. Dress and act like you are 21. If someone asks for ID, search your pockets and tell the person you forgot your ID and then leave and go somewhere else.

Getting caught with a fake ID can get you into all kinds of trouble.

Paul