Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Results

the fold was of course right.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Re: calling 3 bets cold on the river without the nuts??

After the turn there are 22.5 small bets in the pot. When the action gets to you it's 6 cold, with 2 more possible. If you assume everyone calls after you act, the pot will be 40.5 small bets, and you can win 10.125 by calling. If you assume one guy caps, the pot will be 46.5 and it cost you 8 to win 11.625.

If anyone in the pot might have something other than a jack, your odds improve dramatically. If the 3 bettor isn't as bad as you think, your odds go down significantly as well.

I don't think this is as easy a fold as everyone makes it out to be. Someone had to limp with AJ preflop AND call a Q96 board on the flop for you to be beat here.

Given what you said about the 3-bettor, I might even cap if the original bettor was tight enough. Online I would call, live it depends. I'd be watching the first two players to see if either were reaching for $20 or had looks of disgust on their faces. If either still looks pleased with the situation, that would probably swing my decision to a fold, but usually both have a disinterested look by this point and just want to put in the extra $20 or $40, let the dealer split the pot up, and move on to the next hand.