Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: A9s in EP

I would like to hear you expand on this. Do you mean that if you get isolated by a CO or button raise you frequently show down your ace if you miss the flop? How do you "deal with it" if, for example, you limp UTG with KTs, its folded to the button who raises, blinds fold, and the flop comes 9 4 2 rainbow?
Old 05-03-2004, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Results

It could be argued that CO qualifies for the "misplayed on every street" award.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:44 AM

Limping in EP on party 15 is just fine with A9s. I think an argument can be made for betting out on this flop.

Pipedream
Old 05-03-2004, 11:22 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

if i openlimp ep with something like A9s or KTs and somebody isolates me, i more or less treat the hand as if i openraised on the button and was threebet by a spazzy small blind. so it's that kind-of heads up texture, not an instant checkfold on the flop.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Raise?/Call?/fold? preflop...my arguments

c'mon now. a9s is quite playable in all but the most aggressive games on party. this is something i'm now very comfortable with... raise/call/fold for ME= 0%/95%/5%

thats it...i never raise with it because that seems just retarded to me. why put in that much money out of position with a ahnd you'd LIKE MORE CALLERS with? i limp almost all the time as that engenders more limping and an occasional raise which i don't mind too much. i fold against those maniacs who will likely have it be 2 or 3 more back to me which i'd have to fold to so theres no reason to limp in the first place.

-Barron